Let's See Some T5 Only Lite Tanks (remember Just T5 Lite Tanks) :-)

img.php

Thanks, cool tank frame! I almost went w/ Nova, but didn't because of the single reflector. I feel like a kid waiting for christmas, waiting for these lights... :)

reelfreak,
I posted a thread called T5 Growth Pics that give a good example of what these lights can do. My tank crashed New Years Eve b/c I tripped the GFI without being home so I'm starting all over.

How long were you away? We had an ice storm in Dec and I was w/o power for over 24-hrs and my water was in the 60s. I did have the benefit of natural light from a window. However, for me, my main concern was the temp. Everything came out OK. I was in there every few hours stirring the water for aeration;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6789556#post6789556 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NewSchool04
reelfreak,
I posted a thread called T5 Growth Pics that give a good example of what these lights can do. My tank crashed New Years Eve b/c I tripped the GFI without being home so I'm starting all over.

I wasn't home and the temp got down to the low 60's for two days before I got back. All fish, all acros died, some of the LPS made it through. Both the low temp and no flow created what I think was a no oxygen tank, fish died and then snowballed into the corals, etc. It was a disaster.

I guess my friend was lucky, his heater broke and his water was ice cold for a week and his clown and damsel still lived.

Ok...here is my 55g . 4 x 54w bulbs, aquablue and blue+ with ICECAP SLR's.

Remember that my camera sucks...and so does the photographer. Also I can figure out the white balance. It is not this blue in reality.

IMG_1269.JPG

Very nice tanks guys!!

Newschool....do you have a link to that thread (since the search never works for me)?? Sorry to hear about the crash, I was sweating it out a couple times here with the hurricanes the past couple of years.

It looks like there are people achieving long term success with these lights then.

I guess my LFS guy had no idea what he was talking about.....I was told that my 2x65w pc lights would be twice as bright as the 4x54w Tek light I just ordered!! I kept asking him if he was refering to the HO T5s or just the regular T5s....he said it didn't matter....I then asked about the individual reflectors, again it didn't matter!! He thinks I'm "downgrading" light by my switch. ??? I'm glad we have RC to learn from each other :)

your LFS guy has a lot of learning to do.

I tried to find the link last night and ran into the same problem. I posted it mid Dec. The search never works now.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6791684#post6791684 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dvanacker
Ok...here is my 55g . 4 x 54w bulbs, aquablue and blue+ with ICECAP SLR's.

Remember that my camera sucks...and so does the photographer. Also I can figure out the white balance. It is not this blue in reality.

Does your tank look similar to mine in person? I have the same bulbs as you and wonder if the ballast has any effect on the way it looks. Or perhaps you have your bulbs in a different order than mine.

Can anyone post some updates of their T-5 tanks? I am curious to see what they look like now versus 2 1/2 years ago.

you want depressing? These are from a week or so before my upgrade to a 180 last weekend 4/14/7
All under my T5's.

CIMG4311.jpg

CIMG4306.jpg

CIMG4307.jpg

CIMG4303.jpg

This is the tank now:

CIMG4384.jpg

CIMG4383.jpg

I lost everything in the move, all fish, all acros. A purple digitata made it and some LPS. I'm still feeling the sting.

My god man.

Sorry.

I do have one question, what was your lighting hours on the 75 gallon? I think I need to lower mine. I have some monti's that will just not color up.

Last edited:
Back