List of Bay Area LFS, with address and directions.

Whats the right place to post if I had a bad experience with a shop in the Bay Area that I think people should know about? Is it this thread or is there a better place?

Has Keith's Coral Reefs closed?

I went there on Memorial Day and they were closed without any notice. Back then I chalked it off as them taking a holyday off.
When I planned to go there today Google Maps said that the store was permanently closed, so I rather went the other way to Aquatic Collection.

Hi guys. I plan to visit SF area this weekend. Wondering if there's any must visit fish stores???

mainly looking for SPS corals and anemones.

thanks!

Hi guys. I plan to visit SF area this weekend. Wondering if there's any must visit fish stores???

mainly looking for SPS corals and anemones.

thanks!
Neptune Aquatics is usually worth a visit, but I haven't been there for a while.
1238 N. 5th St. , San Jose, CA 95112

California Reef Co. is generally good for SPS frags. They may be a bit lower on stock than usual because Matt and Anthony just took over ownership. Still, since it's on the way from Neptune to Aquatic Collection it's worth to make a stop.
37420 Cedar Blvd Suite A, Newark, CA 94560

The best place for Anemones and Fish is usually Aquatic Collection.
1212 W Winton Ave, Hayward, CA 94545

Sometimes you also find interesting stuff at Aquarium Concepts.
There are a few more stores, but I've never been to those.

Aquarium concept had a fire might not be worth s go for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connie's tropical fish in Castro Valley is no longer selling saltwater stuff. They are converting to Koi and Ponds but the conversion is taking forever. Hope they will come back at all. It is tough for these LFS to survive with all these expenses in California.

It doesn't seem like any LFS are in San Francisco at all that you can walk in and see buy fish and corals. Correct me I am wrong. The closest one (to SF) in Ultimate Aquarium in San Mateo?
I live in Fremont. Neptune aquatics has best collection of corals and Aquatic Collection in Hayward has fish. Last time I was in CA Reef and bought a fish, the water in the bag has nitrate of over 40. Hope they will stay in business.

Waiting for Aquarium Concepts to reopen to see what they have after the electrical fire.

Or go to Sacramento. That is long drive.

Oh, King Aquarium in Story Rd in SJ is not really taking care of their saltwater fish/corals.

Last edited:
I heard there is a new store coming to Brentwood specialing in affordable corals and fish. opening mid March

There is also another one opening in Oakland near jack London square called Bay Bridge Aquarium.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It doesn't seem like any LFS are in San Francisco at all that you can walk in and see buy fish and corals. Correct me I am wrong. The closest one (to SF) in Ultimate Aquarium in San Mateo?

There are at least two in SF: 6th avenue aquarium and Lucky Ocean.

There is also a place called Natural Life Aquarium in South San Francisco or thereabouts.

Infinite Aquarium in Santa Clara is now open.
3194 De La Cruz Blvd
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

http://www.brentwoodreefsupply.com/

8065 Brentwood Blvd #3b, Brentwood, CA 94513
(925) 626-5471

Usually good on corals, I'm not a fan of his fish selection though.

Good source of frozen food and RODI water though, without the drive further out towards the south or west bay for us delta folks.

Brentwood reef supply was closed two weeks ago with store sign taken down. Are they out of business? The web site doesn’t say anything though.

Back