Making an order on LiveAquaria - want in?

strangerdejavu

Ok, time for some new fishies and a cleanup crew upgrade! I'll be making an order in the next few days, and if any of you are in need of something and want to split the shipping, drop a line here or send me a PM! I'd like to order by wednesday, but I can wait if what you need is out of stock.

hmmm, What do you think shipping would be if I went in with you? I was looking at the purple tipped fuzzy acropora they have on there.

I am not for certain, but I think corals and inversts are shipped in seperate boxes, but not necessarily in the same order. YOu want to ask and find out before you order. My last reef club in Florida ran into the same problem. Fish and inverts were shipped from point A in one order and corals were shipped from point B in a separate order.

Mr. James - thanks for the tank compliment!

Mattewell - I just did some tinkering with liveaquaria.com and here is what I found: If I order only fish/inverts, shipping costs $35. If I only order coral, it costs $35. A mixed order of the two will cost $35 for the first half, $15 for the second.

So, long story short, shipping cost for you would be $25 instead of $35. Whether it's worth the $10 savings to you is up to you. We'd still need to meet somewhere, and there's a risk that the increased travel time could harm your coral. Plus, should it die and you want to redeem the whole "arrive alive, stay alive" guarantee, we'd need to work that out... But still, you're welcome to take part in my order if you'd like! Let me know :)

let me know if your going to go in on this order Mike with at least 3 on the order I might go in and take my chances on ordering some white feeder shrimp.

Ok guys - decision time! If one or two of you are in, I'd like to order tomorrow. If not, then I'll probably buy locally. Do any of you know if either GF pet store offers a saltwater livestock guarantee?

That stinky one around the corner from you better offer a guarentee!! Man, I walked in and almost walked right out. That is why dogs, cats and other el-stinko animals don't belong in the same building as fish.

I dont think they offer saltwater guarantee at Stonegate. But I have had one fish die on me that I got from Pets R Inn that Tom (the owner) was nice enough to give me a store credit.

I have YET to run into a LPS in any town that I have traveled to that offers any kind of guarantee. I haven't really looked at a lot of livestock anywhere else online except for Liveaquaria and marinedepotlive are one of the few places that actually offer a guarantee. I believe marine depot live has a 5 day. I did however purchase some fish wayyyy back when from a LPS and one was dead in the bag at the counter (I didn't get charged) and the rest were dead by the time I got home and got a store credit.

Strangerdejvu if you are interested in that pet store I'll pm you on one of those other two sites we frequent but not here due to the "policies"

strangerdejavu,

Well I'm going to have to say no to this order, unless others go in to decrease the shipping charges. I would assume there would be at least $10 in cost to get the coral to fargo from grand forks, unless it was for a club meeting.

I can wait on my order, so if anyone else is planning a LiveAquaria livestock order... keep me in mind.

by tarax
...I'll pm you on one of those other two sites we frequent but not here due to the "policies"

I must have missed that policy. Look HERE for other people who post sites that aren't sponsors here. It's okay to post about non sponsors "within reason".

Hate to tell you but that rule is specific to the forum for which it is in.. Until I see it in the user agreement I'm not taking chances with the posting mafia.

Back