MARS 2014 Annual Fall Frag Swap

I think we should classify the common frogspawn as an ULTRA frag now because they are considered "endangered" along with the other 20 species of corals. FYI, the fish and game wildlife has just issued a notice in Los Angeles airport custom that it is illegal to import frogspawn etc.

They have been talking about that but if it is true at this time, you can't sell, trade, or transport them anywhere. That my friend would plant you in jail. :(

We can still keep them in our tanks though. :D

A good video on the situation: Mr Saltwater Tank Overview

The whole thing is now being reported as a false news story - the info was released in error

IMPORTANT UPDATE (1:18 PM PDT): (via Ret Talbot) NMFS has just confirmed that USFWS's actions this morning were in error! Importation of the 20 species listed below is NOT prohibited.

Last edited:
Has anyone from the MARS Board added this event to the local craigslist and the surrounding craigslist areas as an events?

just a thought. $.02

Has anyone from the MARS Board added this event to the local craigslist and the surrounding craigslist areas as an events?

just a thought. $.02

Was done 10 days ago on Craigslist -- it has been posted to Facebook and promoted to anyone in the area with a saltwater tank. Flyers are up at Your Reef - most of the other stores aren't interested in helping to promote the event. Should be a well attended event

Okay, i rechecked craigslist and nothing came up. Did the 10 day run expire already?

Not trying to do or say how you and the board do their things. ;) You all rock!!!!!!! I am just providing ideas that have already been looked into . :( Ok, I will shut up now. ;)

Okay, i rechecked craigslist and nothing came up. Did the 10 day run expire already?

Not trying to do or say how you and the board do their things. ;) You all rock!!!!!!! I am just providing ideas that have already been looked into . :( Ok, I will shut up now. ;)

Use the pull down menu to select events and type in MARS Frag in the search, its there

Least we could for our brothers and sisters down south - you guys all rock - there is a reason mars holds a staple for the northern cali clubs!!

Back