Mars Aqua Chinese LED review (Ebay)

Anybody used the MR60s?

I need to light a 36x16x16 inch tank, and 2 of the MR60s seems like the best option for me price wise.

It looks like they are only one channel vs. 2 on the 165w version? Can someone confirm this?

If I removed the optics on the 165w, That should cover a 40b just fine right? Anyone have any pics of the coverage of just one fixture?

I'm not really into SPS but I imagine I would like a monti or two..

I just went through the entire thread, no mention of the MR60s.

Seems people either went with the 300w or 2 165w for their 40b. No images of the coverage of a single 165w. Some stuff on modding..

edit: nvm found one pic near the end lol

But that still leaves me to wonder about the MR60s. With what looks like only one channel, you will be unable to balance the blues with the whites...

Just ordered 4 165 watt fixtures for my 180.They should cover the tank,they will be 14'' above the water.Just hope the H.Mag anemone likes it.

Anybody used the MR60s?

I need to light a 36x16x16 inch tank, and 2 of the MR60s seems like the best option for me price wise.

It looks like they are only one channel vs. 2 on the 165w version? Can someone confirm this?

If I removed the optics on the 165w, That should cover a 40b just fine right? Anyone have any pics of the coverage of just one fixture?

I'm not really into SPS but I imagine I would like a monti or two..

A single 165w will cover fine in a tank that shallow with the optics removed. A 300w would cover better but it's not entirely necessary. I don't know much about the MR60s but they look like another smaller version of the black box. Single channel would not work for me though.

So what are the reasons to remove the optics I is it just a matter of preference or it there particular situations it makes sense?

There are particular situations that allow us to take the optics off.
1: a tank that is 18 inches deep or less.
2: Any tank that is 36 inches long. (Any longer I would suggest 2 units even with the optics off
3. If the tank is longer than 36 inches but shorter than 72 inches than 2 165w units will be ok for tanks 18 inches deep or less.

Any tank deeper than 18 inches I would suggest leaving the optics on regardless of the length of the tank.

From 18-24 inches you lose a significant amount of PAR.
This is all from my personal experience and testing.

Does anyone know where you can buy the kit to hang off the back of your tank stand instead of hanging down from ceiling. Don't think my landlord would like that too much lol!! Any help please...

Does anyone know where you can buy the kit to hang off the back of your tank stand instead of hanging down from ceiling. Don't think my landlord would like that too much lol!! Any help please...

I don't know about a lot but you could just get metal conduit from lowes and have it bent at the store. Create two arms and attach to your stand.

Just received my 2 today and noticed that all the blue appear identical to my eyes yet the camera tells a different story

Just ordered 4 165 watt fixtures for my 180.They should cover the tank,they will be 14'' above the water.Just hope the H.Mag anemone likes it.

Can you explain how youre going to control the lights? Just a regular timer?

I'm still deciding on whether to get these lights or the one's that are able to connect to an Apex controller.

Thanks!

Back