meeting?

Ok, so the meeting is at Marks at 1-4pm on the 17th? Is that what is decided?

What sps tanks are we touring? I am assuming its someone who doesn't post here?

Jim, what are you planning on fragging?

What time works? We can work around it. Driving down all the way to see nothing is kind of demoralizing...ofcourse its nice to socialize and stuff but some nice tanks are always an added bonus.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11177259#post11177259 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by moonyguy
What time works? We can work around it. Driving down all the way to see nothing is kind of demoralizing...ofcourse its nice to socialize and stuff but some nice tanks are always an added bonus.
I would have to agree.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11176534#post11176534 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Mattewell
Ok, so the meeting is at Marks at 1-4pm on the 17th? Is that what is decided?

What sps tanks are we touring? I am assuming its someone who doesn't post here?

Jim, what are you planning on fragging?
you Know what I have Mike let me Know what your looking for and I'll tell you if it's ready to frag....right now I have a piece of my Blue stag, my multi colored acro, I can frag my purple styro, Larry jackson acro, I have some of my Violet paly's, green, fiji stag, I have my rhodactis colony, I have watermelon shrooms, colony of plan Paly's, I'll be fragging my red and green with purple rim Caps soon.
I'll try and get up pic's on my forum soon, just been so dang busy.

can we do it any earlier. the main dude who has a killer 12 year old--give or take--tank that is amazing can meet maybe earlier. he is just a busy guy. i told him about it and he said make sure they bring bags for frags. so that also plays into it. if you guys want some of his stuff, we would have to meet early than leave from his spot home. its just hard cause his tank is at his work and his work closes at one, and I don't like tellin people to stay there till we get there.

hope this makes sense....

and when he says frags, he means colonies more or less. not just one inch crap pieces

okay here is what I am working on....

12noon: meet at my house or at a central location like downtown fargo maybe or moorhead. we will go see a 150 reef tank, the one i mentioned before--it is a biological tank (no mechanical just powerheads and lights) that has been running for 10-12 years. it is a mix of sps, lps, softy, and a few fish. it is amazin and looking very good right now.

from 1pm-2pm we will head to north fargo to see a 180 coral tank and three others a couple blocks away. the three others are a 55, a 58, and a 125. I am not sure of the quality of these. i have seen the 55, 58, and 125 a year ago and they were nice, but not sure of the 180 or the condition of any of them lately.

there are a bunch more that we could see. but we will spread them out over the year.

again steve, with the really mature tank, has tons of stuff to give away and is very very generous. i was thinking of buying him a nice sps for his tank because he is the king of giving stuff away. but i am not sure if it would make it holding it my tank for a day. anyway. if you guys want some frags or colonies bring bags and a plan to get them home.

ideas?????

wish I new what he had I could bring some sps's he does not have. I don't mind sharing either. I have a soft side cooler and can get bags with No problem.

I might have an idea for keeping them for the afternoon. I have a 500w power supply that can hook up to a car battery (which I have a spare of). If someone has a spare heater, we could throw it in my cooler with some water, and then just put the bagged frags in the cooler. That way they'd stay at a good temperature for hours.

Now, I haven't dealt with frags before, so I don't know if that's enough to satisfy them. The power supply could probably also support a small powerhead for a few hours too.

Let me know if this would work, and I'll bring the stuff along (someone would have to bring a heater, all mine are being used!)

hey he would not care anything anybody can give he will take...even fish just let me know what you are trying to dump so i can clear it with him. he has so many populations of crazy stuff that is like 8-12 years old i don't know if even he knows what it is anymore. i know he has porites, porcilapora, acro of all kinds, monti that is amazing, i don't know what else. but its alot. he has tons of soft, lps, it is packed full of stuff. left to right top to bottom. anything you might want, he might have.

i am just worried about any corals making it home okay for the GF guys. he is really touchy about his stuff. he loves to give, but he hates it when they die.

but anything stony of a bigger size would be cool.

I've shipped stonies to the east and west coast, I think I could get them back to grand forks ok...LOL.

does this guy have a web site of his tank or hosts them on any forum? I would hate to bring something he already has, plus right now I pretty much have frags I'm trying to build up my colonies.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11184317#post11184317 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by strangerdejavu
I might have an idea for keeping them for the afternoon. I have a 500w power supply that can hook up to a car battery (which I have a spare of). If someone has a spare heater, we could throw it in my cooler with some water, and then just put the bagged frags in the cooler. That way they'd stay at a good temperature for hours.

Now, I haven't dealt with frags before, so I don't know if that's enough to satisfy them. The power supply could probably also support a small powerhead for a few hours too.

Let me know if this would work, and I'll bring the stuff along (someone would have to bring a heater, all mine are being used!)
as for heaters, pumps, buckets, Iodine dip, heat packs, ect I have all that stuff if needed. but for a day trip keeping the corals in a dark and steady atmosphere would be just fine the key would be acclimating them to your tank slowly once they were home.

Back