My 55 gal... lots of Pics

how many watts is your lighting system? I just bought a nova pro with 234w and wanted to make sure if i can keep the kinds of corals you have in your tank. by the way, great set up. its awesome. :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14493931#post14493931 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ReefObsessor805
Way sweet. Great inspiration for us smaller tank owners!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14493931#post14493931 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by CaliDreaminjC
for sure, it's nice to see something in that "mid-size" range. beautiful setup man, truly inspired. :)

ReefObsessor805 & CaliDreaminjC: Thank you for the kind words. I don't think that the size of our tanks should dictate the quality of our systems so shoot for the starts. An "inspiration"?? Wow! Thanks! If I was told when I first started that someone would call my tank an "inspiration" I would have never believed it. Thank you again.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14495343#post14495343 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by IridescentLily
I love the pictorial of the clownfish. As I was looking at the first pic about him I was like "Aww, poor thing."
Second picture; "Aww, the little guy he looks like he's feeling a little better."
And then the last picture was like he was saying "Yeah, you know it baby, I'm way better now, and I'm lookin' good."
:lolspin: :lolspin: :lol: Yeah he's way better now though it was sketchy for a little while there. I thought having the pictures in a sequence like that would better convey the situation. I hate having to flip back and forth from picture to picture in a thread to get the full effect.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14496002#post14496002 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jdrabek
I will be interested to see how your clam does as well.

How much live rock do you have in your tank?

So far so good with the clam I was originally going to put it somewhere on the LR but it seems to be doing fine in the sand.

I have about 65lbs of LR

what kind of lights are you using for your clam and other corals? i wanted to get SPS and some LPS but wasn't sure if i could keep them under my lighting conditions.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14496027#post14496027 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jdrabek
I also wanted to ask how your mandarin was doing? Does it take any supplemental feeding?

the mandarin does well I occasionally will buy a bottle/bag of pods but I think I do that more for peace of mind.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14497401#post14497401 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fahad09
how many watts is your lighting system? I just bought a nova pro with 234w and wanted to make sure if i can keep the kinds of corals you have in your tank. by the way, great set up. its awesome. :D

I have an Aquactinics TX5 fixture which holds 5 54watt bulbs
from front to back:
ATI Blue plus
UVL Super Actinics
UVL Aquasun
ATI Blue Plus
Giesemann Aquablue +

Nice set up, my 55 gallonm tank didn't last long enough becuase I went out a month later and bought a 90 which im still currently working on. So the 55 is just sitting with rock heater and powerhead right now. Your tank is amazing though keep up the good work. And as stated above I love the fact that your not raddling off all these peaces of equipment,dosers,calibrator magnum 188839930000's XXXX z rotifein machincal machines to have such a nice reef. It gives me and im sure others sweat off our shoulders.

DSCF1110.jpg

How many lbs of live rock is that?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14503285#post14503285 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gnorts
Nice set up, my 55 gallonm tank didn't last long enough becuase I went out a month later and bought a 90 which im still currently working on. So the 55 is just sitting with rock heater and powerhead right now. Your tank is amazing though keep up the good work. And as stated above I love the fact that your not raddling off all these peaces of equipment,dosers,calibrator magnum 188839930000's XXXX z rotifein machincal machines to have such a nice reef. It gives me and im sure others sweat off our shoulders.

Thanks! I went slow, I was on RC for like 5 months before my tank was set up so I just got the basic items: tank, stand, LR, sand, overflow box, sump, skimmer, pump. Saved up for a few months did some more research and bought my lights, and that was it for a while. The only thing I have added was a phosban reactor.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14503318#post14503318 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by calli

How many lbs of live rock is that?

Thats 50lbs. Thats what I started with and have added a few pieces here and there

Hmm!! I think that just might be enough for my 65 gallon... I just don't want to take up too much swimming space.. I would rather have a little less than 65..

sweet tank phunkie99
I went from a 10gal to a 30gal to 55gal witch i like but had scratches so i ended up buying a 72 all in like 2 years had my 72 little over a year
great thread also!!!!

I had a request for pics of my moon light setup. Mine is, as with everything on my tank, very simple. I have a little LED moonlight screwed to the side of my fixture (since I don't have a hood). Here are some pics:

DSCF2047.jpg

DSCF2049.jpg

DSCF2051.jpg

so far my clam seems to doing just fine in the sand so thats where it will stay. Here are some pics of the clam, the first one is soon after I got it about three months ago. The rest are new pictures taken to day

DSCF1981.jpg

DSCF2076.jpg

DSCF2074.jpg

Great job! I have a 3 month old 55 gallon tank and have been wondering about a mandarin and clam in the future. I'm glad to see that both are doing good in your tank...gives me hope! So far I just have a few damsels and corals... trying my best to be patient. Right now, for some reason, I am going through a brown algae outbreak that is getting on my nerves. Its everywhere...on the rocks, sand, overflow...even grows on the snails' shells... I have added 3 turbos about a week ago. They are doing an ok job, but slow... I was waiting for this outbreak to go away before getting my clowns....

Anyway, keep up the good work!!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14798836#post14798836 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bsmith22
...for some reason, I am going through a brown algae outbreak that is getting on my nerves. Its everywhere...on the rocks, sand, overflow...even grows on the snails' shells... I have added 3 turbos about a week ago. They are doing an ok job, but slow...

What are you using for powerheads?

Back