Our 400 Gallon In Wall Natural Sun-Lit Reef"

Thank you! I am grateful for each and every person who has let me know they were thinking of Kelly and me and continue to do so. It helped ease my heart to know that others think of me, and care about me. For so long after Kelly's death, I have looked at the future spinning out before me, empty. It has been your stories, your lives, your happiness and joy that has kept my path lit while mine was so dark. Never has a road been so hard to walk as the road of loss of a wife, and the life changes that occurred and continues to happen. I'm on a journey and it is just the beginning. It is beginning in a new vein, a new light and a new path.

There are times the scars on my heart rip wide open, shedding tears of hurt and grief. For a little while, I am back to square one, feeling the raw pain of her passing. I still hear her laughter, the sound of her voice, and the smell of her perfume. I see the light that shone so brightly from her eyes, and I see them closed in eternal sleep. No, it does not get easier, but it does change from day to day, moment to moment.

I live my days differently now. I am more grateful for each and every day. I am more aware, living in the moment for life can change in a moment"¦ Love equals pain when one loses a wife. It brings fear of loss to the front of everything I do. Life is so fleeting after all.

The loss will not go away, how could it? I learn though, I learn how to walk this rocky road, I learn to avoid the pitfalls that trigger my sorrow. I learn to see the sunrise as beautiful again instead of another long day away from Kelly. The questions of loss will be there, but in time, I quit asking for answers, for I realize that there is no one who has the answer. My heart will weep, break open, reknit, break again. The scars are not strong for they hold my love for my wife and will open often. I learn to accept that and take the next step.

Life will go on, for now, no one lives forever. There will be hard days, and days that are not so hard. I will cry, but I will also laugh. I talk about Kelly often for she was involved in so many things in our life that we shared together. So many memories. I wish there were more than memories, but I learn to be grateful for what I have and let go of what I cannot change. I hope Kelly knows how loved she is.

I learn to cope and compensate. Healing and recovery is about accepting the reality of the loss over time. But getting over the people we loved and have lost would mean forgetting or somehow pretending they never existed. Ridiculous. Impossible. I'll never get over missing Kelly. But I will get through this time.

I hold on to Kelly's lessons and will use them as I move forward along my new path. I will continue to choose to love. I have loved and have been loved, there's no better feeling in this whole world. To love with no strings attached, no hidden agendas, no mind games just straight forward and honest love. That when we give ourselves to others we receive far more in return. That tomorrow may never come, if it's worth doing, do it today. To resolve all disagreements or arguments and never let them stew "“ we can't control other people, but we can control our own response and we can forgive them even if they don't forgive us. To keep going no matter what. To be aware of ourselves and our impact on the way we think and the way we perceive others. To trust your heart as well as your head. Go to Disney, often! To take time for myself. To enjoy a decent bottle of wine. Pray

I will continue to grow. I will continue to develop. I will continue to go to Disney"¦and RUSH concerts(come on guys! Back out on tour!) I will continue to pray. And will continue to choose to love. I will continue to live my life to the fullest possible with the love and support of those people closest to me, and if you are one of those people "“ thank you, I love you from the bottom of my heart!

Good to know you're doing okay. The tank looks fine. I see you continue to succeed in keeping a Moorish Idol where so many others have failed.

Still one of my favourite tanks.

Dave.M

Thanks Dave! I have the Moorish Idol almost three years it's one of my favorite fish! I'm getting the itch to begin adding more to the system again!

I'm not really good with consolation, even more so when it's online or whatnot. However afterseeing your tank, I can only assume there was a depth to the relationship you and your wife shared.

As much as I imagine your pain to be, find relief and comfort in knowing you found a love that countless others only dream of.

My prayers and thoughts to you, although I truly believe you've found your way, as evidenced by the words you share with us.

Will

I am speechless. The tank is awesome. And you sir are an inspiration in a number of ways. Reading thru this feed not only gives me ideas for a build but INSPIRES me to be a better husband and be thankful for everything positive in my life. Praying for your continued growth and strength.
Jarrett

Joe, it's always nice to see your posts. I hope that things continue to get better for you. What additions to the tank are you thinking about?

Wow, I'm on this forum every day and never knew this treasure of a thread was in here.. Just randomly saw your YouTube video and clicked on the link. I don't know you, but good to see you smile in that last pic. I felt the same way when my dad died almost 20 years ago.. It does get easier over time, and life still has joy in it.

I have just read the entire thread. I am so sorry for your loss of Kelly. She sounds like a wonderful person. Since tomorrow will be the third year of her passing I am hoping you continue to follow the road to healing and recovery. The balloons with the rose petals was beautiful.

Love your tank. How about some updated pictures when you have the time?

Right there with you Lacy. Just got through this thread.

Thanks Joe for exemplifying that a positive attitude is the best thing you can have in life. Seems like your wife and you shared amazing memories. Seems like she made your life better while she was here and that you made her life better. And I am sure that you are continuing to make other people's lives better everyday.

As for the tank, it's amazing and I am seriously considering solatubes as well for a build Im planning out in a home that I am remodeling. Would you still recommend them?

This thread was possibly the saddest thing I've ever read.

Colon CA took my friends wife a few years ago. She was 32.

Sorry man, just sorry.

Joe, I too lost my wife to cancer. Absolutely sucks! I raised my two children from 1 yr old. Now he's a sophomore in college. Be strong! Great memories with a lot of pain. Your a survivor with support. You have a great community here at Rc.

I am so sorry for everyone's loss. After reading this thread the other day I went to the doctor today. She ordered several different cancer tests for hubby and I. Hope others do to.

Normally i don't post here but this thread has sent something thru me. what an inspiration not only in reef keeping but on how to love and cherish ur wife.

Back