Our 400 Gallon In Wall Natural Sun-Lit Reef"

I'm sorry to hear about the constant battle your wife is facing. Why people like her can't ever get a break is beyond me. So sad to hear it's one thing after the next - hopefully everything works out well.

The tank is absolutely stunning. I think I'd be spending most of my time at that little granite bar area just starring at the tank if I lived in that house.

Good luck, and I wish you and your wife the best!

I've just read through the entire thread, and wow! What an amazing tank, and what a painful journey with your lovely wife's issues, all I can do do is pray/wish you both all the very best with your journey, I'll keep watching this thread, that's for sure!!
Good luck and god bless..

Cheers mate..

Paul.

Here are some updated pictures, another month and very little tank maintenance. 1% automated daily water changes, and filter sock changes. Tank looks to be doing well hopefully it will continue to and I will not need to shut it down.

As always, my thoughts and prayers are with with you and and your wife. The tank still looks great. A lesson for many of us. Sometimes less tinkering is better.

I'm a bit curious about the screening over the ends of the Sola-tubes. Can your fish really jump that high? ;)

Dave.M

I'm a bit curious about the screening over the ends of the Sola-tubes. Can your fish really jump that high? ;)

Dave.M

That is a lighting filter, it reduce the amount of red and yellow color changing the light spectrum to more of a blue hue, it tricks the coral, its as if they are in deeper water.

I just read your entire post.

First, your tank is beautiful and ingenious. From the solar lighting to the wonderful breakfast bar, it is both unique and masterful in its design.

Second, my heart goes out to you and your lovely wife. My entire read was a mix of sorrow and delight. I sincerely hope that she lives to be very old and very wrinkly. Considering the time, love and energy you have both put into your system, that's really the only option! It is clear that your attitudes and energies are in the right place. Stay strong, stay positive, and trust that it will all work out.

Best regards,

W

i just read this entire thread. I wish the best for you and your wife. On another note you have done this the right way. Amazing set up.

good luck to you and your family.

Rick

I have had the same idea let me know if that is enough light and I hope those sky light tubes don't creat to much heat

enough light for what, as you can see from the pictures 1-1/2 years and all is doing well. The sun-domes don't add any heat to the tank or home. yearly reef temp 76.8 -77.4 without a chiller.

I just read your entire post.

First, your tank is beautiful and ingenious. From the solar lighting to the wonderful breakfast bar, it is both unique and masterful in its design.

Second, my heart goes out to you and your lovely wife. My entire read was a mix of sorrow and delight. I sincerely hope that she lives to be very old and very wrinkly. Considering the time, love and energy you have both put into your system, that's really the only option! It is clear that your attitudes and energies are in the right place. Stay strong, stay positive, and trust that it will all work out.

Best regards,

W

Thank you W!

i just read this entire thread. I wish the best for you and your wife. On another note you have done this the right way. Amazing set up.

good luck to you and your family.

Rick

Thank you, Rick!

Rest my Love, for you are no longer in pain, never again will you need another hospital visit, pain medication or chemotherapy. You are now a healthy beautiful angel.

I will carry the bond of our love for the rest of my days. Thank you for being my friend, girlfriend, best friend, fiancé and wife. I will think of you often and talk to you daily, for I know you will be near. I love you, I adore you, and cherish you, yesterday, today and tomorrow.

We started dating on 10.22.1988
We were engaged on 10.22.1992
We were married on 10.22.1994
We renewed our wedding vows on 10.22.2011

Rest in Piece My Love- Kelly Marie Palermo – December 5th 1968 – 10:22 pm June 2nd 2013

I'm so sorry. I was hoping you're wife could pull through. You're right, she is free from all the pain and suffering of this life. We'll be praying for you.

Back