Pife's One fifty glass box build

So I am using weld on 4 and it is melting the plastic really nice. They are being leak tested now.

The second pump appears to be leak free now also! I'll test it overnight to see if any leaks develop. Let's hope not so I can get this skimmer running.

16582015413_9d6f9ca9b5.jpg

So my two Sedra 9000's pumps were still leaking last night so I did what I think was inevitable. I put a small bead of silicone around the o ring. I am sure this will definitely fix my problem. I'll let them cure for a day and install them tonight. Here's how they turned out.

17227876262_0bba55fb7a.jpg

Here is the silicone I used.

17229034471_6e1bd0e84f.jpg

I was in a buying spree of sorts last week. I bought a lot of reefing goodies from a tank breakdown. I bought nearly 400lbs of rock. It has have already bleached and acid washed.

I bought two 800 watt Finnex titanium heaters and a heater controller. It's just a little double redundancy with my apex.

17029438340_9698006714_k.jpg

I was also able to procure 4 mp40s and a spare wet side. I think four should be enough flow in my cube. I'll try and figure out how to setup a nice program in the apex for them. I need to give them a vinegar bath and a good scrubbing.

16594515254_27e3459219_k.jpg

And last but not least I was able to find a brand new in the box Aquarium Plants carbon doser. This is going to make a nice setup with my GEO 6x24 calcium reactor and Masterflex peristaltic pump.

17216370821_d2e2b896a5_k.jpg

Looks like you've been busy.

Just remember silicone doesnt stick well to plastic,I hope it works for you though. Keep us posted!

Looks like you've been busy.

Just remember silicone doesnt stick well to plastic,I hope it works for you though. Keep us posted!

As of now it's holding. I'll test it for the rest of the week and put it online this weekend! It was a slow leak. It was only a drip every 40 seconds.

I have no more little leaks and my system is running. I let it run over night and is doing well. I also have my Aqua scape done.

16596470053_ab3bb86745_k.jpg

Well my system has been running for a week and I'm doing little things to make it a bit quieter here and there. My skimmer is a beast. It's pulling some nasty nog out.

16675568743_81a5022157.jpg

I'm trying to decide if I want to run filter socks or stick with the poly pad. Anyone have any advice?

I'm having a bit of an issue with my Rodi. I was getting 0 tds but it tested at 25 nitrates. I have installed my back up and week test again tomorrow. I can't find an explanation for this anywhere.

I'm having a bit of an issue with my Rodi. I was getting 0 tds but it tested at 25 nitrates. I have installed my back up and week test again tomorrow. I can't find an explanation for this anywhere.

I had the same issue. changed out all the filters to the new BRS 1 micron carbon blocks and new membrane, sediment, and Di. now my rodi water has .009 p04

I'm changing my membrane tonight. I already have the files changed out. I hope this solves the problem.

I would think maybe one of the test was bad. If you have 0 tds how would you have nitrates? I would think nitrates are tds. I am no water chemist though.

I would think maybe one of the test was bad. If you have 0 tds how would you have nitrates? I would think nitrates are tds. I am no water chemist though.

Changed my filters and the nitrates disappeared. I tested with two different kits several times to verify results. I'm very surprised and upset that tds doesn't really mean nitrates. I have lost many sps because of this.

Changed my filters and the nitrates disappeared. I tested with two different kits several times to verify results. I'm very surprised and upset that tds doesn't really mean nitrates. I have lost many sps because of this.

I feel you there! I now know that having a nitrate test kit and p04 is important too. I have always had the Hanna phosphurus... but i never tested nitrate!

Back