Pife's One fifty glass box build

What do you mean by same source?

Sorry to hear this. Might be a good time for a wrasse that specializes in this

I think they got into my system from the same person I got them from in the first place.

I have several different types of wrasses in there now.

Christmas wrasse
Dusky wrasse
Yellow coris wrasse
Red headed wrasse
Melanurus wrasse
5 leopard wrasses
And I think I'm forgetting one. Any suggestions for another wrasse or 10?

Good to hear about the flooring, sorry to hear about the corals.

Thanks. It's looking good. It'll probably be layed by tomorrow night and I'm painting quarter round tomorrow to install Friday.

Yep I'm hating my tank right now. To much stress for a peaceful hobby. I'm looking over all the coral with a magnifying 🔎 glass. I threw away the only two pieces I found infested with them so far. I have about 60 more corals to look over by the end of the weekend.

Hang in there, bud!
Congrats on your new son!
Sorry to hear about the aefw. They certainly are a pita!!
Slow progress is better than no progress.

I'm trying. The stress is mounting.

Thanks, he is a blessing and a happy easy to care for kid.

Yep I'm planning an approach to erridacate them. I might tie into the system just QT them in a different tank? Do you think they can get through filter socks or travel through pumps?

I'm happy worth progress. I step forward two steps back!

Ugh...that sucks.

IME, AEFW's are poor swimmers. They are not going to be able get out of filter socks. I'm thinking that if you have a dedicated frag tank, using a UV sterilizer with a slow enough flow through it to completely kill everything that goes through it will keep AEFW's from going from one tank to another in the same system.

Maybe get that going with flow from display to frag tank. UV from frag tank back to display. Slowly treat, cut, rinse frags one at a time until they are absolutely AEFW free, and then move them to the display. Eventually, you will have moved all contents from frag tank over to display without AEFW's. Take down and clean the frag tank, and then restart it with the UV in place and eventually, get a UV for the display to frag tank line as well, thereby ensuring both tanks are in the same system, but somewhat separate for pest/disease purposes?

I know I'm being pretty cavalier with your money and time...but it's a suggestion.

Are you thinking you got AEFW's from someone/somewhere locally, or an online vendor?

Sorry to hear about the stinking worms mate, i hope you get them sorted out asap because you have a cool collection of acros i want to see grow up. ;)

Congrats on becoming a tired dad :beer:

^
+1
Not sure the uv is required but certainly will help.
Add a few peppermints to the qt

I'm thinking 20 or so peps. What's your opinion on having the qt tied into my main system?

Sorry to hear about the stinking worms mate, i hope you get them sorted out asap because you have a cool collection of acros i want to see grow up. ;)

Congrats on becoming a tired dad :beer:

Thanks. I've made it through them one time. I will do it again.

Thank you. He is amazing. Fatherhood is a brotherhood that is indescribable. Do you have children?

Floor is layed! Yea! Now the bad part. There are several bad pieces (chipped corners) installed in the middle of the floor. The installer also layed a saw down that was still moving! So I'm taking off work tomorrow to be an overlord and make sure it gets pulled up and everything gets fixed to my satisfaction.

I was planning on painting my stand on Saturday but now I'm helping my in laws move from several states away. Shouldn't be too bad packing as we have movers in that end. It's the unloading that will be a pain. My weekend just got real busy! I might need to take Friday off work to get my hobby time in. Lol 😁

Ugh....

Sorry you have to have them go back fix what they screwed up. I know how frustrating that can be.

One step at a time.

I'm thinking 20 or so peps. What's your opinion on having the qt tied into my main system?

I hope the moving went well.. It sucks to have to look over a contractor's shoulder.. I hope they fixed everything to your satisfaction.
I think that if you have peps in your qt as well and you are on top of things, like has been mentioned, I don't believe the worms can travel that easily in the water column...
However, you are getting the opinion from a guy who has aefw in both his qt and display.... So take my advice with a bag of salt! :)

So I haven't tested or dosed anything in a couple of weeks. Color is coming back fast. The acros look dry. But polyp extension is coming back on most stuff. I'll get some pictures up. Dipping is going good I must have caught the lil buggers early. I didn't have very many in the dip after dipping around a hundred corals.

Thanks, I'm still here. This baby is really taking a lot of time!:deadhorse:

I believe I'm acro pest free again. Dipping every week takes commitment. Only lost 1 Coral during the dipping and I still have a flag of it that's a lot so things are going pretty well. Colors aren't too great so I finally got around to testing it's been at least a month or two since I've tested anything. And the only thing I got the test was phosphates. They were sky-high at 0.17. So I changed out the Gfo and I added some carbon and some aquaforest zeo stones hopefully that'll take care of business. I think I'm going to add the rest of my siporax to the tank.

It has. Life has been busy! I have installed my new flooring and trim and am filling nail holes and touch up painting it now.

My wife was smart and setup the Christmas tree where the DT is supposed to be going to help slow my progress. I have my doors built for my stand and am starting on the canopy/ talking with a cabinet builder.

My tank has been bouncing around with nutrients for a month and I have ticked off a couple corals and killed my colony of Oregon tort. Po4s are fluctuating and I'm working on getting them dialed in. Sunday they were .67 I need them lower to get better color. I hope to be getting them down and stable. I wish my system was doing as well as yours.

Sorry to hear that. You know I use Lanthanum Chloride (PhosphateRx) as an easy way to lower and keep PO4 stable. I've never seen a negative reaction in the tank and I'm now at 6 months doing this in the first chamber of the sump. Just a drop or two a day should stabilize or slowly start to lower PO4.

It's been the difference for me, but it does have unknown risks I suppose.

Sorry to hear that. You know I use Lanthanum Chloride (PhosphateRx) as an easy way to lower and keep PO4 stable. I've never seen a negative reaction in the tank and I'm now at 6 months doing this in the first chamber of the sump. Just a drop or two a day should stabilize or slowly start to lower PO4.

It's been the difference for me, but it does have unknown risks I suppose.

I have started dosing it again to bring it down. I think I will find a maintenance dose like you.

I need to do a sump cleaning. I might have too much detritus build up or something along those lines.

Back