Progress: my 1/2 anniversary of SPS addiction

Oh man, you still remember this thread. I will post some pics just for this.

Yes I switched back to T5, to me 1/3 corals color better on MH, 1/3 color better on T5, 1/3 same. I just can not justify running MH with doubled energy use considering running chiller (and heaters to limit temp hikes), I am fine without shimmer. ...and MH is so hot I hate it.

How is your tank doing? Did you settle down with your lighting?

some new pics after I switched back to T5's

IMG_6360_resize.JPG

Seems that Raspberry Lemonade is about to take off

IMG_6407_resize.JPG

Incredible hulk, hope to get some red down the road

IMG_6403_resize.JPG

Watermelon Acro is the slowest grower in my tank

IMG_6389_resize.JPG

Torts -

IMG_6413_resize.JPG

IMG_6411_resize.JPG

Some LPS and fish

IMG_6369_resize.JPG

IMG_6370_resize.JPG

IMG_6383_resize.JPG

IMG_6385_resize.JPG

IMG_6438_resize.JPG

Anyone know is this a red coral wrasse or fairy wrasse? it is getting more aggressive and picking on my anthias and cardinals, but not too bad though anthias is still out and eating.

IMG_6374_resize.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you Manny, ummm... that is a good question. But Aqua Delight (or Pearlberry) and Tyree ultimate stag are among the very few I want to get, I don't have any stick with pearl effort LOL.

You have a very nice tank out there, keep it up and hope to see more udpates.

lol wicked you live in california to : / you guys have no idea how much more people over there have nice stuff compared to east coast : /

Added a 48" reefbrite LED strip into my TX5, looking good so far, will add another one so it will be RB + 2T5 + RB + 2T5

Few shots

IMG_6764.JPG

IMG_6766.JPG

IMG_6681.JPG

IMG_6610.JPG

Thanks! It is named cherry bloosom, it is still small I hope to get more intensive cherry red and green when it grow to colony.

Thanks! It is named cherry bloosom, it is still small I hope to get more intensive cherry red and green when it grow to colony.

Nice name, lol. It's been the hardiest coral in my tank. Funny thing is it constantly dies off then regrows so its been practically the same size in my tank for over 2 years.

Wow buddy this is a quite the tank. Just re set mine up, the wait begins... :( haha.
Where are you picking your pieces up from? lfs or online? I have a few more months till ill be adding more so i have to keep on the lookout ;)

keep up the sexy work

Wow buddy this is a quite the tank. Just re set mine up, the wait begins... :( haha.
Where are you picking your pieces up from? lfs or online? I have a few more months till ill be adding more so i have to keep on the lookout ;)

keep up the sexy work

Thanks! Mostly from local reefers, some from LFS. I spend almost a year to look for frags.

Back