Recomended 48" Metal Halide Fixtures

Another thought: With a 120 gallon, you may want to consider 400 watt rather than 250 watt. I think that 250 watt bulbs would be great, but depending on what you plan on keeping 400 watt lighting may be a better investment. Just a thought.

400w on a 120g is too much. Save yourself some $$ and go with 250w, which should be more than enough.

2x250w & 4xT5- Get a Giesemann Spectra if you got the cash. I'm not a big fan of the Current or Coralife fixtures- waste of $$ IMO

400 watt is too much for softies but not for Clams and SPS. Also not too much if you upgrade in a few years and just spent $1000 on lighting. What swayed me against the Giesemann was the fact that the dollar is very weak overseas right now. This makes this imported fixture quite a bit more expensive than a comparable domestic brand. I think the Maristar gives a better "bang for the buck". Also, a domestic company will be easier to reach for questions and service if needed. I know that I was able to call Sunlight Supply Inc. (the makers of the Maristar) a couple of times before and after purchasing my fixture and was able to get questions answered that day. This is a big plus for me. I know that if I ever have a problem with my fixture, I have access to good customer service.

120 tech is only 24" deep-

2x400w is overkill.. There is no need for it unless you want your chiller to run all day & like paying a huge electric bill. 250wx2 w/decent bulbs & reflectors (like Giesemann) will grow sps just fine.

Back