Rw15 review/vs Wp40

NastyZ

So just got my Rw15 in today and I thought id do a quick review/vs Wp40 (these are my opinions and you don't have to agree just giving my thoughts on it)

Size

Rw wins, the Rw is slimmer and shorter

Noise

Rw wins big, my Wp was not loud but you could certainly hear a hum (some Wp40s took a while to break in and then quieted down but mine always had a hum to it) the Rw is pretty quiet still a very very slight hum but not like the Wp40

Adjustability

Wp wins, you can adjust the Wp line in some many variations which I really liked the Rw line is up and down no side to side or diagonal aiming

Flow

Rw wins, the flow on the Rw is really nice it has a wide flow not too concentrated and it's stronger then the Wp40 when you have your hand in front of it but the Wp40 has a more concentrated steam so it push water further/faster

Controller

Rw wins, the Rw line has the sync feature that can link 8 controllers at onces making one of the controller the master Also has the night sensor already built in and has some other new modes

Note: one big thing I thought they would've improve but didn't is being able to control the flow on else mode you can not you'll need a dimmer mod if you want to control the flow on else

Conclusion

The Rw is a very nice pump for the money I'm over all happy with the pump smaller and more compact then the Wp40, very quiet, push a ton of water, nice wide flow and they added some nice features to the controller wish it didn't lose the adjustability of the Wp and else mode was controllable but I'm sure jebao will be coming out with another version soon they improved overall on the Wp design

Sorry for the pics probably should have taken better ones before I put it in my tank oh well you guys the gist of it

got mine in yesterday , i agree !!! awesom pump

but be aware the pump has some serous flow !!! i will have my rw15 for sale on monday i had to order the rw8 instead

on the lowest setting on the rw15 it still blows the sand every where, on full blast the fish would surf the waves at the top and over flow the tank.

rw8 is more then enough for most tanks out there and smaller in size.

great buy though !!!

Yea it is a strong pump works great for me tho I'm BB so the more flow the better has great undertow I have it in my 90gal

The 15's have about 500gph more than the wp-40's. I'm not sure how one 8 and one 15 would work together? Two 15's does seem excessive, especially with a 1200gph from return.

If it were me I'd go with two rw15s you can always turn them down with a led dimmer and the size difference from the 15 to the 8 is 1/2in

Wow that really sucks that you can't move the new model around as much to get the perfect directional flow you want.

Love the smaller look tho.

Yea only down side I think they did that so they could put the rubber in between to reduce some of the noise but you can turn the powerhead but you'll also be turning the cord which isn't a problem for me since I have mine on my back wall but if you have them on the side glass it can be a problem since the cord would be off to the side

OK, so I haven't actually tried one, but from looking at the pictures, I see no reason why these new units ought not be equally flexible in terms of directed flow.

Yea any by doing so you'll also have to turn the cord significantly and if you have it mounted on the side of your tank it can make it look ugly since the cord will be coming out the side instead of the top then you still will only have the limited adjustability if you have it mounted on the back wall (which I do) there isn't really a big issue with seeing the cord unless your back isn't painted or it blue

Yea any by doing so you'll also have to turn the cord significantly and if you have it mounted on the side of your tank it can make it look ugly since the cord will be coming out the side instead of the top then you still will only have the limited adjustability if you have it mounted on the back wall (which I do) there isn't really a big issue with seeing the cord unless your back isn't painted or it blue

That is true of the WP units also though.

Back