Scrapz's Ultimate Gamble 3x3 Cube Build.

Is this going to be another garage tank, or are you going to place this in the house this time? Remember that you use to tell me you don't see your tank as much as you would like because you had to go all the way to your garage! :)

Is this going to be another garage tank, or are you going to place this in the house this time? Remember that you use to tell me you don't see your tank as much as you would like because you had to go all the way to your garage! :)

Yup. The new place isnt big enough for a tank to be placed inside the house. Bigger house vs backyard for the dogs, had to choose my mutts happiness.

Yup. The new place isnt big enough for a tank to be placed inside the house. Bigger house vs backyard for the dogs, had to choose my mutts happiness.

Ahhh good call! Well, then this is not much of a "gamble" . water all over the garage.. meh

Why dont you get both big house and big backyard? Btw every time i heard Asian said big backyard for dogs . I usually ask " what are dogs for? LOL. J/k

@PGA
Yeah but think of all that livestock that will be in there soon!

@NVTE
Too poor, can't afford it. Once you get a dog, you'll know that unconditional love!

Originally I wanted to order a 3"x5" but the shop said they could not do a piece that small so I went ahead and just ordered a 3"x22" to secure along the whole read panel, bottom panel and left panel. The piece of glass I ordered today was ready for pickup but when I showed up, he had 2 pieces for me instead of just 1. Oh well, better for when I mess up.

Stopped by home depot for the milllionth time, got home and watched a few videos on youtube but nothing detailed the exact job I was trying to do.

First I cleaned both surfaces with 92% ISO alcohol. The left panel which attached to the bottom/read panel was off by almost 1/4" inch so extra silliconed needed to be applied along the bottom 5" section. To be expected, the first glass I tried to glue did not have enough sillicone. Second time, still not enough silicone but enough to secure the lower 5" of the tank I was most worried about. If I were to do this same job over, I would just run sillicone on the outer edges then Since I didn't have a clamp to hold down the piece while it was drying, I made myself one out of 2x4 scraps.

I'll have to admit that piece is pretty ugly. The plan is to paint it with krylon black that piece when I touch up the rear panel anyways. Should look fine but only time will tell.

Ghetto DIY at it's best.

20151124_1421431.jpg

20151124_1440051.jpg

20151124_1559151.jpg

20151124_1519121.jpg

Back