Scrapz's Ultimate Gamble 3x3 SPS Cube

DOUBLE hot damn!!
Man, you have to get your display finalized.
All of your little gems are fantastic. I gotta see them as colonies..

One day I'll treat myself to a A.G.E. 10x4x30 but doesn't look like it'll be anytime soon. The quest for the perfect display is going to be a while. Maybe I'll get lucky as with all my other purchases and find a steal.

The next setup is a collectors dream. :)

Levels are back to 430/7.5/1340 as of today. No other signs of STN.

Some of my other corals which are still in it's coloring stage.

Bi-Color Matrix - Was pink/blue when I first got it and now it's just blue. I think I can see some pink return.
L0yS699.jpg

Another wild tenuis from MAX - Base is slowly lightening up, corallites are turning pink and polyps seem to be turning red/pink.
4sTyade.jpg

Upscales Microlados and Garf Bonsai (Bottom L)- Had this coral for a long time but dont think I'm giving it enough light. It in the front of my tank with what I would assume is under 150 par. Need more space..
FcYIqiA.jpg

ORA Pearlberry - If anyone asked me what my all time favorite coral was, it would be this. I've had for a long time but was a victim of low light abuse in the main tank. Moved it back under T5 about a week ago and it's responded well. This looks great as a frag but unbelieveable as a colony..
q0PIfcw.jpg

Wishntoboutsides Wildfire Monti - The brightest red/green monti out there. Collected over 5+ years ago by a local reefer buddy. Lucky to get a frag from him upon returning to the hobby.

IWzEf9E.jpg

Wishntoboutsides Wildfire Monti - The brightest red/green monti out there. Collected over 5+ years ago by a local reefer buddy. Lucky to get a frag from him upon returning to the hobby.

IWzEf9E.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Posting this pic today just a coincidence? :uhoh2:

That's what I'm talking about! Awesome collection man, makes me want to start up my own frag tank, forget the display"¦

4 Blue+, 1 Super Purple KZ, 1 Geiseman Super Actinic (B+ equiv)
Tracking down linage to make sure it's a tyree blue matrix or a rr matrix.. probably the latter..

More crazy colours!!
So can I understand the above as basically 5 blue plus bulbs and one purple?

Crazy, never seen colours like yours before, well done.

Corals are really brown IRL and photoshopped to that :lol:

Those SPS are so colorful, I had to put my shades on. J/K Beautiful photography!!

Thank you. I need to get a macro lens instead of using this stock one..

More crazy colours!!
So can I understand the above as basically 5 blue plus bulbs and one purple?

Basically. I did buy the fixture used and it came with the bulbs so maybe that is why it's less blue. I also use some geisseman bulbs which is a deeper blue vs the green/blue of a B+.

Jmason95;24548241 Posting this pic today just a coincidence? :uhoh2: That's what I'm talking about! Awesome collection man said:
Lol right? Forget the display! I just love growing coral and a display would never house all the corals I wanted.

Buddy told me about aperature mode on the camera. Here are some test shots under that mode. Shot under KZ Super Actinic + KZ Super Purple + 4 Blue +

Blueberry Fields + $500 Efflo
5pAk6jW.jpg

Yellow Wild - Gainign some more color and growing at a pretty good rate. You can see it in the FTS below, it's the big apparent yellow blob right in the middle of the picture.
WRWA5ZQ.jpg

Tyree Purple Monster /w signature white polyps
uVAZGei.jpg

CJ Pinky finally getting some color
vUGrpjN.jpg

Purple Monster from the front
2KA6fkf.jpg

Pink Lemonade
qRd9OdY.jpg

FTS featuring the Sun. Really jam packed.. new a new tank asap!

JcXRV8C.jpg

Last edited:
wow mate! :bigeyes:

your pictrues really look good and that frag rag is really hard to swallow for an austrian :D

Great corlas thanks for sharing!!

Flo

Catching up, did not know the cube was down.

Those frags are amazing, do you know what the secret is other than the bulb combo and T5 goodness? I have yet to keep a tenuis alive for long but going to try again soon. :) With a CHEAP one that is. :D

Catching up, did not know the cube was down.

Those frags are amazing, do you know what the secret is other than the bulb combo and T5 goodness? I have yet to keep a tenuis alive for long but going to try again soon. :) With a CHEAP one that is. :D

No idea. Semi-stable parameters, lots of food and luck? I did find a completely rusty screw thats been sitting in the sump since I setup.:facepalm: Maybe that's the secret...

It's like a bloody rainbow in there! Best frag tank I've seen lol

The magic of the sun.

Prettiest pink lemonade ever. The polyp extension and bright red yellow contrast is amazing

Thanks! It means alot since you've been able to see the tank in person.

Finishing the teardown of the cube and here is the reason I'm going LED/T5 on the next setup.

HYqOe5P.jpg

Had to make the picture darker to show it's true color. It's a oregon tort that's been in my display growing under t5/led. The blue coloration blows away my frags grown out under t5. I've also finally been able to get the illustrious green polyps.

Another one from my display, just to show how much richer the colors of the frags are grown under LED/T5
mabAfDX.jpg

Also the pearlberry is starting to look like what I remember it to be.

IseJyVq.jpg

Pearlberry is my all time favorite. The colors when happy are unreal almost opalescent. It doesn't have either the craziest color combination or wild colored polyps. But it doesn't matter, when colored up, it just screams beautiful. I need to add one of these to my tank again. I haven't had one for a very long time. Your Pearlberry is awesome.

Pearlberry is my all time favorite. The colors when happy are unreal almost opalescent. It doesn't have either the craziest color combination or wild colored polyps. But it doesn't matter, when colored up, it just screams beautiful. I need to add one of these to my tank again. I haven't had one for a very long time. Your Pearlberry is awesome.

Thank you, it is also my all time favorite. I'm sure one of us down here can get you a frag, just lmk.

Back