Serpentman's 300g upgrade

Not a problem. No, I picked this up from the used equipment forum. I believe the one in Columbus doesn't have the Pro kit upgrade.

Great tank man, all around, love the aquascape! :D

Did you epoxy the rock work together or is it stacked?

Wow! That is a big skimmer! : )

I just ran across your thread Jeff. Glad to see that bad@#$ skimmer is going on such a nice tank. Looking great. Phenomenal job on the fish room. I'm humbled by your cable organization! Just the ACIII can make a room look like a fire hazard!

What type of pump are you gonna feed the 250 with / or are you gonna gravity feed?

Looking forward to seeing the progress over the next few months.

I guess they'll be no excuses for issues from here on out. If there's a problem it won't be not having the right equipment.

Did you epoxy the rock work together or is it stacked?

Thanks Ian, the rocks are stacked with fiberglass and carbon fiber rods. I wanted something strong but workable if I should decide to move things around.

Wow! That is a big skimmer! : ) I just ran across your thread Jeff. Glad to see that bad@#$ skimmer is going on such a nice tank. Looking great. Phenomenal job on the fish room. I'm humbled by your cable organization! Just the ACIII can make a room look like a fire hazard! What type of pump are you gonna feed the 250 with / or are you gonna gravity feed? Looking forward to seeing the progress over the next few months.

Thanks again Craig! It is one bad a$$ skimmer. As far as the cables go, its 100% improvement over the disaster that was my old tank. Took me 4 hrs to get it all organized. I am running my drains in the Herbie method so they are running a full siphon. I am directed one to the skimmer to avoid having to use the pump. Keep in touch.

I guess they'll be no excuses for issues from here on out. If there's a problem it won't be not having the right equipment.
I hear you brother. Especially given my wallet is as light as it is. However as you know, there's always something...

Here's a comparison shot of the new and existing skimmers:

DSCF8637.jpg

And its ALLLLIIIIIVVVVVEEEEEE muwahahaha. You didn't think I was going to actually wait for a metric fitting did you? Ended up rigging a temporary tie-in to my drain with a compression fitting.

DSCF8638.jpg

Damn! What a difference. I've never seen the 200 and 250 side-by-side. Compression fitting looks like it worked just fine. That thing looks like it was built for your fish room.

One thing...I noticed that the tube that runs from the venturi fitting to the air intake is missing. It looks like there is a tube attached to the venturi but not the intake. Are you doing this to pull more air? I did send that air tube didn't I? Just curious.

Looks great.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15440883#post15440883 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by soccerbag
Damn! What a difference. I've never seen the 200 and 250 side-by-side. Compression fitting looks like it worked just fine. That thing looks like it was built for your fish room.

One thing...I noticed that the tube that runs from the venturi fitting to the air intake is missing. It looks like there is a tube attached to the venturi but not the intake. Are you doing this to pull more air? I did send that air tube didn't I? Just curious.

Looks great.

It is a significant difference. I had to whip up some SW to fill it without dropping the level too low in the sump.

Referencing the venturi, all the pieces were accounted for. I removed the value and use a straight barb fitting. I didn't tie into the silencer either. I did the same thing on my 200. We'll see how it goes, it might actually be too much air draw.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet pick up! Man that thing is going to rock on your system. That skimmer may hold as much water volume as my tank! :lol:

I have seen it in person and man is that thing a beast......Makes the 200 look like a lil guy ......which I had to remodel my fish room to fit and it looks insane in there to bad the plumbing stores closed or id be firing that bad boy tonight ..........!!!!!!!

THANKS JEFF!!!!!!! for the Sweet deal on your old skimmer !!!!!!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet pick up! Man that thing is going to rock on your system. That skimmer may hold as much water volume as my tank!

LOL, I hope so. It does hold about 10-15gal, if all else fails, I can convert it to a nano.

I have seen it in person and man is that thing a beast......Makes the 200 look like a lil guy ......which I had to remodel my fish room to fit and it looks insane in there to bad the plumbing stores closed or id be firing that bad boy tonight ..........!!!!!!! THANKS JEFF!!!!!!! for the Sweet deal on your old skimmer !!!!!

No problem dude, can't wait to see what it does for you. I half expected to see pics of it fired up this morning!

Sorry I missed you on Sunday. We attending a wedding on Sat and I turned my ringer off so I didn't catch you call. You are welcome to swing by anytime.

Back