Serpentman's 300g upgrade

Jflip2002, I agree that the color is definitely not what I expected from a 20K. So far, its almost a pure white rather than blue.

Thanks Rodcpierce!

Little update. Should've made room for a bed in my fishroom. If I keep spending money at this rate, I may have to live in it.

Over the weekend, my expansion socket failed so I had no heat. Got that fixed and also added another Tunze to get more flow behind the rockwork.

Its hard to get a decent picture that does everything justice:

DSCF8576.jpg

DSCF8554.jpg

DSCF8574.jpg

DSCF8577.jpg

DSCF8579.jpg

Decent Photo Justice

Decent Photo Justice

Jeff,

I told you I had the camera and the know how to get the job done. Guess you're too buzy for lil ole me to come and get that done for ya. Phones ring both ways buttercup. Let me know and I'll git her done fer ya. LOL

LOL, been outta town a bunch. I thought you were tied up with a project so didn't make arrangements. I will drop you a line tonight or tomorrow.

Only road block has been on your end. Ever since I committed to jackstands and photoshoot, I've never heard from you since June except to complain about the obvious economic hell we're about to experience at the invisible and insane hand of our goberment and the wonderful myties you and the wife drank on vacation while the rest of us were toiling away for...The Man. LOL :)

Anyway, give me that phone call and I'll bring camera...especially since I relocated the missing 12gigs of memory cards. ;)

(truth be told I couldn't even take a snappy since the cards and their storage bag were MIA) ;) Look forward to the call. Miguel.

Tanks looking nice BeeTeeDoubleU.

Cleveyank came over last night and took some pics with a real camera. He forgot some critical lenses but still managed to take some nice detail shots.

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

Hey look at that! You were able to sneak a pic of one of the Jawfish. Did any of the burrow together or in close vicinity?

Great pics btw.

Now if you could just train your tangs to all swim next to each other?

I would have been able to get a full frame with them all in a row.

You need to work on that Jeff.

Well the Chromis at least cooperated so there's something out of 285 photos. ;)

The tank is filling in nicely. Have you ran 12k reeflux in the past? If so how do they compare in color to the 20k's?

Is that two 6101's and two 6105's for flow?

I am having trouble running two 6101's in mine, I can't get the water to clear up. It always has sand particles in it. I would turn on the other two if I could ever get the sand settled down.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15410100#post15410100 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by serpentman
An update:

I came across a deal I couldn't resist so I have new toy coming soon....
And what is that?

Did any of the burrow together or in close vicinity?

Hey TJ, theoretically there are 3 in there. However, the original is the only one I can find. Either the other 2 died, carpet surfed or are still hiding.

Have you ran 12k reeflux in the past? If so how do they compare in color to the 20k's?

The reeflux 12K's actually are more blue than the 20K's. Kinda strange if you ask me.

Is that two 6101's and two 6105's for flow?

Total flow is 2 x 6100's, 2 x 6105's and a 6065 (~15000 gph). However, at any given time, they are not all at full power at the same time. I am using the controllable tunzes with an aquasurf which changes the frequency several times a day. I do get sand now and again but its mostly due to the clowns breeding. Occasionally drifts form and move and need to be physically pushed back.

And what is that?
Lets just say, I don't think I'll be having any bioload issues anytime soon ;) Its supposed to come in on Wed. Once it gets here in one piece I will post pics.

It's here! A new industrial sized Poop-r-ator! Although it doesn't look like it in the pic, this thing is huge! Forgot to order a metric adapter so it may be a couple of days before I can plumb it in :(

DSCF8603.jpg

Back