Serpentman's 300g upgrade

I promise to get to more exciting stuff soon. Here is the completed framing pics. Going to run electrical tomorrow and hopefully drywall this weekend.

DSCF7755.jpg

DSCF7756.jpg

DSCF7757.jpg

Yeah Marc, Originally I though about plumbing it all together but the thought scared the #$&* outta me. Plus I think I will be redlining most of my equipment as it is so the 150's gotta go. That's the only downside to this project as I really enjoyed having it in my office. Maybe a nano or something down the road.

Padrino, I am planning to use my existing lights (3 x 250W XM 20K's with 2 x 6' super actinic VHOs. I will probably be adding a 2nd set of VHOs, maybe 75% actinics and eventually will be changing reflectors to the lumen max elites.

Great Job rapping up the framing on your own Jeff Looks great !!!! Look like Im creating some dangerous carpenters within the club !!! Getting closer to the good stuff !!

Thanks Sean. Ronni finally saw it tonight. She asked me, "so how much of this did you do" My reply "See those 5 boards over there....I did those, lol"

I did knock out the rack for the frag tank and fuge tonight. Hit a brick wall on the electrical plan though. Need another set of eyes.

Are you and TJ still thinking about coming out of Fri?

We are so there !!!! No worries Dude !!! well get it handled well untill the beer takes over .....lol

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14743525#post14743525 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by serpentman
Are you and TJ still thinking about coming out of Fri?
:thumbsup:

Why dont you run a low kelvin bulb jeff and have 440 watts of actinic that would be sick.... plus you will still gain more par by changing bulbs...

The club needs a PAR meter!

Its definitely a thought. In the past I have found 2 actinics weren't enough to offset the white of a 10K bulb. However, with 4, it may be enough. Might be worth considering as I am due for new bulbs....

OK, so I lied. This weekend was crazy so we didn't get to drywall, which actually worked out well because I have decided to go with sheet rock instead of a drop ceiling. So on Sunday I framed around the duct work and ran the ventilation. Discoreefrover has been an invaluable tutor.

DSCF7792.jpg

DSCF7793.jpg

DSCF7794.jpg

I will be ordering a 100CFM Fantech and a humidity controller this week. I plan to finish the electrical on Friday and hope to begin getting the walls and ceiling done soon. So much to do...

Yeah, it was a PITA and took me pretty much all day. I think it came out pretty good though. I only had 2 cursing fits!

Jeff, I am not sure if anyone has suggested this but you may want to consider using Greenboard rather than regular drywall. Also when you hang your board hold it 3/4" off the floor. You can put vinyl base down that will hide this, but it will help protect your walls from a water that might hit the floor. Just my $0.02.

Back