Serpentman's 300g upgrade

Hi,
A pleasure meeting with you in Cleveland last weekend. Great Fragswap, honestly the first I ever attend.

Thats a very nice fish indeed.
Now it eating only two hours after a tank move, let along making an appearance this soon is amazing.

Hi,
A pleasure meeting with you in Cleveland last weekend. Great Fragswap, honestly the first I ever attend.

Thats a very nice fish indeed.
Now it eating only two hours after a tank move, let along making an appearance this soon is amazing.

Likewise Maroun. Like I said, the offer still stands if you would like to come out and see it person just let me know and I'll PM you my address.

Both tanks have turned out awesome!

Thanks! I just noticed I have an ich breakout in my FOWLR. The good news is I can treat the whole tank. More to follow....

Thanks! I just noticed I have an ich breakout in my FOWLR. The good news is I can treat the whole tank. More to follow....

Careful with those medications. I've always done the wait and see approach with success. You've been adding new fish which are susceptible to ich. They generally lose their slim coat during transit and show signs of ich. I would feed garlic and enriched foods first jmo

Last edited:
I'm going to start with a low dose of cupramine which stays in solution and has a better track record with scaleless fish. My main concern is the moray which can be sensitive to normal copper treatments. However, IME, its best to nip it in the bud at first sign of a breakout. Most of the fish in there are large enough to filet so they should be healthy enough to go through treatment.

Likewise Maroun. Like I said, the offer still stands if you would like to come out and see it person just let me know and I'll PM you my address.

Definitly interested.
Please email me your address and contact so we can agree on a good time for you.Most probably it'll be on Thursday afternoon/evening...

I was downstairs checking on things after lights out and noticed my large H. crispa spawning like crazy. I turned on one blue light to see better and the tank is completely cloudy.

Sorry for the lousy video quality. It was dark and the water is really cloudy.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid73.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fi223%2Fserpentman2000%2FDSCF3139.mp4">

Congrats.
Spawning events are always amazing in a tank. Still a bit scary with the mess they can cause.
did you have to do a waterchange or clean the skimmer non stop?
Can't wait to see the tank in person today.

Congrats.
Spawning events are always amazing in a tank. Still a bit scary with the mess they can cause.
did you have to do a waterchange or clean the skimmer non stop?
Can't wait to see the tank in person today.

When I saw how cloudy the water was, I was definitely concerned. However, this morning things were back to normal. I think between the corals eating and the skimmers, most everything was cleaned out. ORP is still normal (~400).

We'll see you this afternoon. Give me a shout if you have any difficulty finding my place.

Wow... another 300??? What decade did I wake up in! Haha. Crazy nice restoration job Jeff. If I ever get a day off work, I'll have to make a trip out there to check it out.

Hope all is well!

Wow... another 300??? What decade did I wake up in! Haha. Crazy nice restoration job Jeff. If I ever get a day off work, I'll have to make a trip out there to check it out.

Hope all is well!

Holy cow, is that TJ!?! Long time stranger. Yeah, I decided 1 wasn't enough. Who knows what'll be next....

A small update after seeing thins tank in person last Saturday. all I can say is WOW.
All pics posted on this thread don't do it justice. Honestly they don't even come clsoe to what that tank is.
Amazing Huge coral colonies and very healthy livestock.... I tried to smap a few pics which didn't turn out well in camera due to the Blue LEDs I guess. hope i can fix those in PP...
Thanks Again for all the goodies. Most of them made it, more on this in PM...

TJ
Nice to see yo uposting back. I was in cleveland last week and even asked Jeff about yo uas you suddenly disappeared. Hope youll be coming back with a new tank soon...

Holy cow, is that TJ!?! Long time stranger. Yeah, I decided 1 wasn't enough. Who knows what'll be next....
Haha. I know right, I just clicked back a couple pages. For some reason I thought the new 300 was in your office. Didn't realize you put it in the basement as well. How many total gallons are you up to now?

A small update after seeing thins tank in person last Saturday. all I can say is WOW.
All pics posted on this thread don't do it justice. Honestly they don't even come clsoe to what that tank is.
Amazing Huge coral colonies and very healthy livestock.... I tried to smap a few pics which didn't turn out well in camera due to the Blue LEDs I guess. hope i can fix those in PP...
Thanks Again for all the goodies. Most of them made it, more on this in PM...

TJ
Nice to see yo uposting back. I was in cleveland last week and even asked Jeff about yo uas you suddenly disappeared. Hope youll be coming back with a new tank soon...
Yeah, I've pretty much been off the map for the past year... or two??? Haha. Spent some time working back and forth between PA and OH. Then finally landed a great job near my hometown in PA last June and have been working my life away since. I definitely plan on getting back into the hobby, but realistically I doubt I'll have the time to anytime soon.

So for now I'll have to keep living vicariously through everyone's pictures. :D

Sorry for the slight derail Jeff. If anyone wants to catch up feel free to shoot me a PM :wavehand:

Haha. I know right, I just clicked back a couple pages. For some reason I thought the new 300 was in your office. Didn't realize you put it in the basement as well. How many total gallons are you up to now?

Hey TJ, If you count total system volume I am hovering in the 1000g mark (I can't believe I just typed that). It sounds like a lot of volume but its amazing how quickly you get used to it. Both 300's are in the basement and I have a small 46g cube in my office upstairs.

Hey TJ, If you count total system volume I am hovering in the 1000g mark (I can't believe I just typed that). It sounds like a lot of volume but its amazing how quickly you get used to it. Both 300's are in the basement and I have a small 46g cube in my office upstairs.

Like I've been telling you, that new 300 will make a nice sump for your next system.

1500 gals or Bust Jeff!!!!

Not me, I think I'm going to look around for something more sensible like a black one of these.

http://www.easyautosales.com/used-cars/-Lotus-Exige-S-31534483.html

Hello Serpentman. I just want to say that your tanks past and present are absolutely stunning. Your aquascaping is second to none (Well Mr Saxby might have a slight edge on you :). Any chance of you coming to Malaysia and helping me with my future setup? Lol

Try being me this is my Wifes dream. 300 in the Dining room. 300 in the Living room ach with a 100 gallon Sump then she wants a 1220 in the Bedroom with a 50 ggallon sump then 3 29's for the Kids plus another 180 in the freaking Living room with its sump. I am going to need to Grow GILLS.

Like I've been telling you, that new 300 will make a nice sump for your next system.

1500 gals or Bust Jeff!!!!

Not me, I think I'm going to look around for something more sensible like a black one of these.

http://www.easyautosales.com/used-cars/-Lotus-Exige-S-31534483.html

Ahhh one day. When my youngest graduates, I think I'll be looking for a graduation present for myself!

Hello Serpentman. I just want to say that your tanks past and present are absolutely stunning. Your aquascaping is second to none (Well Mr Saxby might have a slight edge on you :). Any chance of you coming to Malaysia and helping me with my future setup? Lol

Thanks! Yes, I will most certainly defer to Mr. Saxby. However, to even be compared is an honor. If you provide the plane ticket, I'd be more than happy to help, ;)

Try being me this is my Wifes dream. 300 in the Dining room. 300 in the Living room ach with a 100 gallon Sump then she wants a 1220 in the Bedroom with a 50 ggallon sump then 3 29's for the Kids plus another 180 in the freaking Living room with its sump. I am going to need to Grow GILLS.

I'd be in serious trouble if my wife was into the hobby. She keeps me in check (relatively) otherwise, your wife's dream would quickly become a reality here. I wouldn't mind a couple more species type tanks around the house but I keep hearing "no more tanks!". With that being said, I have card blanche as long as they stay in the basement....

Back