Share the meaning of your username

moved to the US in 2001..i was know as alex ...that new kid from romania...then romanian kid...then ...alex the romanian...and it kinda stuck.

i dont mind it...after a while most online usernames ended up being that way and it helped because i come up with a bunch of things under one google search.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14923369#post14923369 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ILoveReefer
I don't think I have to explain the not so hidden meaning in my username.
Just to let everyone know, I haven't had any in a few years.

AHH....Kentuckys cash crop :smokin:,haven't had any in quite a few years myself.My username is simply my last name and year I was born.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14928852#post14928852 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by lucas73
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14923369#post14923369 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ILoveReefer
I don't think I have to explain the not so hidden meaning in my username.
Just to let everyone know, I haven't had any in a few years.

AHH....Kentuckys cash crop :smokin:,haven't had any in quite a few years myself.My username is simply my last name and year I was born.

My "stuff" came from North of the border. Ironically from Reverend Reefer's neighborhood.

Another NFL reference with WhoDey, as in WhoDey thinks gonna beat them Bengals (except for everyone else in the league..) Cant help where I was born and who I started cheering for as a kid :)

64 was my high school playing number

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14928852#post14928852 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by lucas73
AHH....Kentuckys cash crop :smokin:
STOP IT AT THE BORDER! :lol: :lol:

i've been called lil b since middle school, my name is Brian and i've been the shortest of all my friends all my life

LOL!! There's funny history behind some of your user names.

Mine is firereef because of my occupation and obviously my reef tank.

Many years ago my husband and I were watching an old batman & robbin show and on one part batman patted robbin on the top of the head and said "there,there, now wondermidget" and because I am only 4' 10" my husband laughed and started calling me wondermidget. It started out as my handel on the CB and then it turne into my screen name.

Years ago, I was active in the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA). If you've ever been to a Renaissance festival, you may have seen people in armor whacking each other with rattan swords. That's not the entire SCA, but it's the most visible part.

(If the "swords" were made of foam rubber without a rattan core, or anyone on the battlefield "cast a magic spell" on another participant, then it probably wasn't the SCA, but I digress.)

Anyway, the name I used for my persona, or character, in the SCA was Karl Kellerman. My research suggested that it was a name that could have existed, but it wasn't a specific historical person's name. (Them's the rules - no Gandalf Bagginses or Napoleon Bonapartes allowed.)

I met a couple with a 2 year old daughter, and they introduced me to her as Karl. Weeks later, when we got together to hang out away from the chain mail, tunics and fencing masks, they tried to tell her my name was Bob. She may have been 2 years old, but this little girl already knew when adults were passing off ridiculous lies. I was Karl, and she knew it. She was having none of this "Bob" business.

Eventually, as a compromise, her parents began referring to me as KarlBob. That was acceptable, even to infallible 2-year-old logic. Other members of our local SCA group heard the new name, and it stuck... and spread. There were people in the group who not only knew me as KarlBob, they had never heard me called Karl or Bob without the other name. The name stuck so well that I still use it on message boards to this day.

I'm generally skeptical of everyone and everything and I officially started the saltwater hobby in '07 (not counting the years of freshwater and prior saltwater research that I did)

I'm not a very creative person, but I've had the same user name for probably 15-20 years (or as long as the message board concept has been around). Real (real estate - the industry I work in) and Fish.

My other hobby is collecting and restoring antique John Deere tractors. One of them is a model "G". DEERE G

Just needed a username & the tv was on in the background and they were talking about Spaghetti Cat

spaghetticat.jpg

Being a chemist and saltwater hobbyist I wanted to use Sodium Chloride as my username but it was already taken. Cloruro Di Sodio is just Sodium Chloride in Italian.

Back