Show me Your Fancy STANDS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15340303#post15340303 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by strout
I Use photobucket
I’m tired of photobucket…. Too many pop-up adds on the site itself!! I found a better site that actually gives 2 gigs for free and 0 pop-ups. However the minute it catches on it will have tons of advertisements too. The site is photoshop.com

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15340039#post15340039 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by skanderson
finally have my stand skinned. took almost 5 months to get it done.
174050tank_pics_629_022.jpg

Do you have a build thread? What size tank is that (Dimensions?)

its a 300 gallon cube. 48x48x31. i started a build thread but then got lazy and never posted pics on it, so i guess thats a no on the tread. if i get my pic posting up to speed i will try to get a thread started. if the questions about the wavy line are to me the dark line on the doors is just a separation btwn the two panels to give it some movement. thanks for getting the pic up there. steve

Would anyone be willing to share plans for a 75 gallon stand? My tank has not been set up for quite some time now due to house construction which has finally come to a semi-end. I'd love to set up my 75 gallon with 40 gallon sump.

Eric, the close up shots are much more revealing. That is some great craftsmanship, tremendous detail, I see why it took so long. I like everything about it! Great job.

thanks for the compliments. i didnt make the stand. a local woodworker did it . i think the wenge is about the same to work with as ironwood, although its not quite as hard. he airbrushed the handles to bring out the grain and make it look more like driftwood.

So mine is not as nice as Skanderson's but I hae been working on it off and on since I got back from Iraq last year. Hopefully I will have it completed this week. Just finishing the doors really.
Stand

Side view showing the lip

One of the unfinished doors

And the plumbing

Sorry my son is doing the Bundy

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15366176#post15366176 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ChknWing
So mine is not as nice as Skanderson's but.........

But nothing MAN! You've got some nice grain working for you there ChknWing! Looks good! Thanks for sharing.

The great thing that I am sure everyone will attest to in this thread is the amount of knowledge they gained when they made thier stand... I can't wait to upgrade my tank and build a better, bigger stand. the only thing I regret is not documenting it and making a build thread... ce la vie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back