Show me Your Fancy STANDS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15366176#post15366176 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ChknWing
So mine is not as nice as Skanderson's but I hae been working on it off and on since I got back from Iraq last year. Hopefully I will have it completed this week. Just finishing the doors really.
Stand

Sorry my son is doing the Bundy

HA! typical male, always has one hand on his vortech.. :lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15367025#post15367025 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by atwinparadox2
HA! typical male, always has one hand on his vortech.. :lol:
Don't you mean his Koralia Magnum? :lol:

Agreed with everyone else - fantastic looking stands guys. Yes, it may not be a mahogany / wenge stand that took a loooong time, but its a nice stand and belongs here nonetheless. And props to you for serving in the US military, sorry you got sent to Iraq but glad you made it home in one piece with your reefkeeping + life affirming enthusiasm intact.
:thumbsup:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15312025#post15312025 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by goodreefer
.......... I would love to see that bad boy all setup and running

63af08f6d94e453ca65696a824f46d89

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15375072#post15375072 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Sisterlimonpot
very nice, are those rocks glued together?

No, they are attached to the back with Tunze magnets (6025.50.)

Thanks for all of the support guys.... One thing I never expected while I ws over in Iraq last time... I was out on patrol one day and we went in to talk to a lady at her house... She had a fish tank... I was amazed, b/c of the temp over there... It was freshwater but none the less I didn't expect that. I'll have to find the picture and post it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15377510#post15377510 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ChknWing
Thanks for all of the support guys.... One thing I never expected while I ws over in Iraq last time... I was out on patrol one day and we went in to talk to a lady at her house... She had a fish tank... I was amazed, b/c of the temp over there... It was freshwater but none the less I didn't expect that. I'll have to find the picture and post it.
Awesome! When I was in Turkey, I found residents liked video games, drinking, partying just like I did. :)

I've never been on that "islamo-fascism" train as a result. Sure wish I saw some tanks when I was there though. Put up some pics!

I'm building a new stand - thanks everyone for the inspiration. I'll post pics here when it comes together.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15379106#post15379106 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ChknWing
Hey I want to get some input on my tank from yall so I started a new thread so not to hijack this one:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1673561
:) You have to at least put that picture up on this thread though to show the start and then you can post the finish product when you get it done. So far so good though!!!

here is mine..not as fancy as others but I'm very fond of it
custom made by a friend whom also handcarved the seashells on the doors and hand-made the wicker=like side panels on either side of the doors for more airflow through the bottom to reduce heat build up from the pump..I stained and finished the cabinet myself
PictureVa004.jpg~original

handcarved panels
100_0118.jpg~original

finished look
100_0119.jpg~original

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back