The most AMAZING buy today...a 1.5" Conspicillatus Angel!!!

Wayne - to piggyback off what Karen said in the other thread - do you think your 3rd interrupta is too intimidating? What if you replaced with dither fish like passive anthias?

Is really too bad you can't get the ProV Gelatin food anymore. I had the most success with this food in getting finicky angles to eat.

just read about this Wayne , maybe someone has 1st hand experience with it?:

"New Life Spectrum Max is a new pelleted food for feeding finicky fish which are notroiously difficult to acclimate to aquarium foods. Formerly named New Life Spectrumax, the simple "˜Max' name is much easier to pronounce and now features a more prominent label about its intended purpose.

Using the basic formula as the tried-and-true New Life Spectrum pellets, NLS MAX is even more nutrient dense with a higher concentration of protein. The idea behind higher nutrient density in New Life Spectrum MAX being that finnicky fish tend to eat less so every pellet needs to count for more of their nutrition.

New Life Spectrum MAX is additionally enhanced with a greater content of mollusk ingredients and more fatty oils to give the pellet formula a stronger scent and therefore appeal more to new aquarium fish hesitant about eating aquarium foods."

Can you get red bait? Or korean sea pineapple there? That was what got mine feeding. Had it for 3 years now and it eats everything now

I'll pass on this tip from Matt Wandell of the Steinhart Aquarium in San Francisco...
(heavily paraphrased! :) )

Grind up a 'gooey' food and smoosh it into broccoli tops. Put the broccoli in the tank.

This is good for fish that normally eat by picking at the rocks. They don't really know about eating out of the water column.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I bought mostly everything that was suggested including the Tetra flakes! I got home too late tonight to try but I'll definitely try first thing tomorrow morning. I really like the broccoli idea. Since she seems to be only a vegetarian right now, I'm hoping the greenery will entice her to graze on the top. I mushed up a bunch of food and smeared the tops of the broccoli with it and put it in the freezer. I'm hoping it'll slowly defrost in the water tomorrow morning.

Wish me luck...thanks again.

Wayne - to piggyback off what Karen said in the other thread - do you think your 3rd interrupta is too intimidating? What if you replaced with dither fish like passive anthias?

No, the Interrupta isn't even really paying attention to her.

just read about this Wayne , maybe someone has 1st hand experience with it?:

"New Life Spectrum Max is a new pelleted food for feeding finicky fish which are notroiously difficult to acclimate to aquarium foods. Formerly named New Life Spectrumax, the simple "˜Max' name is much easier to pronounce and now features a more prominent label about its intended purpose.

Using the basic formula as the tried-and-true New Life Spectrum pellets, NLS MAX is even more nutrient dense with a higher concentration of protein. The idea behind higher nutrient density in New Life Spectrum MAX being that finnicky fish tend to eat less so every pellet needs to count for more of their nutrition.

New Life Spectrum MAX is additionally enhanced with a greater content of mollusk ingredients and more fatty oils to give the pellet formula a stronger scent and therefore appeal more to new aquarium fish hesitant about eating aquarium foods."

I've tried to feed Spectrum plus garlic pellets, but not the type you mentioned. I'll look for it tomorrow though. Thanks

Ok. I'd probably still keep an eye on it. Animals tend to setup a hierarchy. Usually the dominant animal eats first.

Yup, will do. I always throw a cube in for my Interrupta to eat first before I attempt to feed her. Actually, the Interrupta is such a messy eater that they're small bits floating everywhere. I'm always hopeful, she eats the floating bits.

Wayne - another trick I used to get some finicky fish to eat (bandits and chaetodontoplus angels). I took the food that was finely minced and put it inside the halfshell of a clam and placed it on the rock where the fish was grazing. It will naturally go to the food in the clam and once it disperses in the water column it will go after the other bits.

Well, I have some bad news this morning. I don't think she's going to make it. I found her this morning leaning against a piece of rubble rock, her breathing heavy. I actually think some type of infection has taken hold of her. There seems to be a few blotchy white spots on her body, not ich though.

At least I got to enjoy her for a good three weeks...

Well, I have some bad news this morning. I don't think she's going to make it. I found her this morning leaning against a piece of rubble rock, her breathing heavy. I actually think some type of infection has taken hold of her. There seems to be a few blotchy white spots on her body, not ich though.

At least I got to enjoy her for a good three weeks...

:sad1:

So sorry...

Thanks all. Yeah I'm bummed. This hobby of ours can be quite challenging at times. With all the rewards come these disappointments.

Back