The Official Pay-It-Forward (PIF) Thread

I am going to put that half bag of reef sand back up for free to the first person that wants to come pick it up. I believe it is about 9 to 9 1/2 lbs of sand, fresh in the bag. Decided not to take any sand back out of the tank, like the bed the thickness it is now. If you want it, arrange to come get it asap, else id hate to waste it but it will find its way into the trash soon. Just about the perfect amount of sand for a 10-15 gallon nano tank.

I still have a 20H drilled with a 1" bulkhead for free (or frag) in the city if anyone wants it.

So.... now that the fish is in his hospital tank...

I've got a standard 55g tank with problems that can probably be fixed by the right person. That isn't me. But if it's you, you get a tank for free.

I figure the tank is leaking somewhere around 6" from the top. I dunno how else it could lose 6" of water in 24 hours and have that being a stable water height.

The tank also has scratches on the front glass (and probably the sides and back). I can't see the scratches easily when they're covered in water.

There's also calcification on the glass, again near the top of the tank.

The tank has been having a bad case of BGA, and before that, it was diatoms.

There are assorted salt encrustations at the moment.

If you'd like to take on the project of cleaning it up and possibly resealing it, the tank is yours. My husband will help you get it out of the basement and into your vehicle.

If you let me know your interest SOON, I'll deal with as much of the interior-tank work as I can. Otherwise, we'll start looking into finding a glass recycling place.

So.... now that the fish is in his hospital tank...

I've got a standard 55g tank with problems that can probably be fixed by the right person. That isn't me. But if it's you, you get a tank for free.

I figure the tank is leaking somewhere around 6" from the top. I dunno how else it could lose 6" of water in 24 hours and have that being a stable water height.

The tank also has scratches on the front glass (and probably the sides and back). I can't see the scratches easily when they're covered in water.

There's also calcification on the glass, again near the top of the tank.

The tank has been having a bad case of BGA, and before that, it was diatoms.

There are assorted salt encrustations at the moment.

If you'd like to take on the project of cleaning it up and possibly resealing it, the tank is yours. My husband will help you get it out of the basement and into your vehicle.

If you let me know your interest SOON, I'll deal with as much of the interior-tank work as I can. Otherwise, we'll start looking into finding a glass recycling place.

hello, i would love to pick up this tank,,, please let me know when it is a good time

I am going to put that half bag of reef sand back up for free to the first person that wants to come pick it up. I believe it is about 9 to 9 1/2 lbs of sand, fresh in the bag. Decided not to take any sand back out of the tank, like the bed the thickness it is now. If you want it, arrange to come get it asap, else id hate to waste it but it will find its way into the trash soon. Just about the perfect amount of sand for a 10-15 gallon nano tank.

Trashing this perfectly good brand new sand this coming Tuesday. If someone wants it before then, LMK asap. Pick it up friday evening, any time over the weekend (assuming we are home at the time) or monday evening. Gotta be someone fairly local that can use some nice clean white fine grain sand....

I have 20lbs of live sand FULL of pods and worms for free in the City. I also have a Rose Digi Monti frag for free.

The sand needs to be picked up by Sunday or it is going in the trash.

I have 2 full buckets of river gravel I pulled from my FW set up a bit ago.

Would recommend washing it but will work if anyone needs it.

I have 20lbs of live sand FULL of pods and worms for free in the City. I also have a Rose Digi Monti frag for free.

The sand needs to be picked up by Sunday or it is going in the trash.

Sand is gone, thanks Mike.

I have three 1/2" flare nozzles. These are the kind that slip over a 1/2" pipe like the ones that come with Nanocubes. They go in the trash Wednesday if no one wants them.

Free 110 gallon Oceanic reef ready aquarium. I have the matching stand as well, but I'm not 100% sure it's in one piece. I also have a poorly constructed and incomplete DIY canopy if desired.

It's an older model. Dual overflows. I bought it on consignment from Sho Tank like four years ago and never put water in it. 5' by ~20" by ~20". I have the glass tops as well.

I live in the west loop.

Whoever takes the above has to take the terrible 40 gallon all glass tank that I tried to turn into a ghetto sump. It's fits underneath nicely.

Back