The Tang Tank / Tanginator - 265g Build Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
after about 23 hours of filling - and we started with about an Inch of water in it.

PICT0665.JPG

about 4 days?

I was thinking today - filling this tank up with RO/DI water is such a WASTE!

my little Typhoon III from Air Water Ice has an approximate waste ratio of 3 to 1

To make 300 Gallon of RO/DI - it takes 1,200 of house water
300 pure
900 waste

that is 1,200 gallons!

NOW - here is the worst ... i have a whole house RO system - right now i have it set for about 3.5 : 1 (waste / pure)

To make 1,200 Gallons of House water - it takes 5,400 of Well water
1,200 pure
4,200 waste

that is 5,400 gallons ! ! !

they are ... i didn't clean the overflows ... there are some spots on the front & side glass panes .... tonight i added about 1/2 a bucket of salt to the water ... letting it sit & air out .. i added a few powerheads.

20 1/4 " @ 92 hours ... since its been colder for the past 2 nights ... the water in my storage tank outside has cooled way down, and RO/DI production has slowed down. :(

Last edited:
well .. well. ... well.... 1 1/4" after 14 hours just didn't sound right to me ... and it wasn't.

My little RO/DI system had shutdown ... probably late yesterday even.

As stage 3 i'm running a .5 micron Ceramic Carbon filter ... and that one was clogged shut. even with about 50 PSI of pressure it wan't passing any water....

I'm up for another filter replacement though - sediment filter is already beige, so is the 5 micron coconut carbon block.

well .. i called Clean Water America - where i purchased the ceramic carbon filter ... they said there is no warranty on it from them ... and Yes, they cloag very easily - hence the no warranty part ...

couldn't she have told me before she sold me this $30 filter?

anyway ... i washed the filter ... and its making water again .. bu slower than w/out that filter of course.

the filter was really slimey ... so was the clear housing on the inside ... I KNOW WHY I'M FILLING THE TANK WITH RO/DI water .. and not just straight water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back