Toofrigginswt's Custom 125 Gallon Tank Build

So as promised, here are some quick cell phone pics of the skins. I haven't glued the magnets on yet because I'm still waiting for the paint to fully cure first. That's why I am temporarily holding them up with the stool :)

It turned out pretty decent. It has a glossy white finish. I will take better pictures this weekend.

Do you guys think I should make one for the light as well? I thought it would look pretty cool to have an open top with the light inside of a hanging white canopy.

Yes it got painted. But I had a bug that flew on top of the panels and when I wiped it off, the bug's blood smeared into the paint :headwalls: So it's getting redone. Hopefully it should be finished tonight.

'Dem Darn Bugs.... LOL

Why is it that when there is a varnish or paint job, it causes a shift in the universe so that every bug, dust speck, hair etc within miles have to converge and land on the wet project? Just one of those Murphy's Laws.

Very nice!

When are you going to come clean up my wires though? :twitch:

I think your left side is closer to the edge than the right side. My OCD would go crazy with a tank that clean!

I definitely want to come check out you system one of these days.

Do you guys think I should make one for the light as well? I thought it would look pretty cool to have an open top with the light inside of a hanging white canopy.

IMHO:
I think it would look really clean if you do one for your light and mount it so it look's like it's floating.

Your set up is looking awesome from top to bottom great job :thumbsup:

I like the open top look and the sexy powermodule. I am not a fan of the reflected light coming from the tv niche. It is distracting me away from the beauty of the display. The shiny stand is looking great.

Jonathon

It looks awesome! The reflective light is amplified by the camera, it isnt that bright both in Jonathons and my own tank. Plus with a beautiful tank like his, you wont even notice anything else.

Bryan

super nice!! Looks like it fits Bryan ELOS collection.

I can't even afford one Elos. Can't believe Bryan has a collection! haha.

The aqua scape looks great....

Thanks!

Why does the reactor look like its about to shoot something at the tank?

Haha... It does!

Why is it that when there is a varnish or paint job, it causes a shift in the universe so that every bug, dust speck, hair etc within miles have to converge and land on the wet project? Just one of those Murphy's Laws.

I couldn't agree more. I just finished a DIY project where I used rustoleum paint to spray my door handles and hinges bronze. When it dried, I noticed a lady bug was stuck on one of the pieces.

It does, but I was to mesmerized by the tank to notice.

Thanks for the kind words :)

Very nice!

When are you going to come clean up my wires though? :twitch:

I think your left side is closer to the edge than the right side. My OCD would go crazy with a tank that clean!

I definitely want to come check out you system one of these days.

Mark, I'm ready when you are. And you're right, the left side is closer to the edge. It wasn't done purposely. I just ran out of rock. haha.

Feel free to hit me up when you're in my neck of the woods.

Nice Job Jonathan!

Thanks Kev! You pieces are doing great my tank. Let me know when you're ready to have me frag you some pieces :)

Amazing !!!! Looking good man. You will do my new aquascape :)

Haha.. Thanks Tris. I'm still anxiously waiting to see your new setup.

IMHO:
I think it would look really clean if you do one for your light and mount it so it look's like it's floating.

Your set up is looking awesome from top to bottom great job :thumbsup:

Thanks for the input and compliments Paul.

That looks great jonathan. Keep up the great art work.

Thank you sir!

I like the open top look and the sexy powermodule. I am not a fan of the reflected light coming from the tv niche. It is distracting me away from the beauty of the display. The shiny stand is looking great.

Thanks Glenn. Prior to putting the tank in, I was going to paint that back wall of the TV niche black/charcoal. Now I'm regretting my decision a bit.

Jonathon

It looks awesome! The reflective light is amplified by the camera, it isnt that bright both in Jonathons and my own tank. Plus with a beautiful tank like his, you wont even notice anything else.

Bryan

Thanks brotha. I still gotta go check out your tank(s).

Back