Toofrigginswt's Custom 125 Gallon Tank Build

toofrigginswt

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to create a tank build thread and allow everyone to see my progress. This is probably going to be a long build thread only because I'm limited by this stupid thing called money :) I'm a picture type of guy so expect a lot of redundant photos :D

Here is my tank when it came in. It was a little wet because it was raining when it was transported up from So Cal. Here are the specs:

Custom Lee Mar Eurobraced Tank
60"x24"x20"
Black Silicone
Black Acrylic Overflow
Three Sided Starphire glass

IMAG0612.jpg

IMAG0001.jpg

IMAG0613.jpg

Loaded onto the truck thanks to John at Your Reef:
IMAG0615.jpg

IMAG0620.jpg

Made it home in one piece:
IMAG0622.jpg

IMAG0642.jpg

IMAG0628.jpg

Had a steel stand custom made by Paul. I can't emphasize enough on the quality of this stand. The powder coated finish makes it looks 10x better in person. I highly recommend hitting Paul up if you need a stand done. Not only is his product top notch, but he is an awesome guy to work with.

The stand is 60"x24"x40"
1.5 inch steel tubing
White Powdercoat finish

IMAG0754.jpg

IMAG0755.jpg

IMAG0757.jpg

IMAG0758.jpg

IMAG0756.jpg

IMAG0759.jpg

IMAG0760.jpg

Last edited:
Protein Skimmer:

Reef Octopus RO-PS 2000int

IMAG0747.jpg

IMAG0605.jpg

Unfortunately, when I opened the box, it appears that the skimmer outlet/pipe thingy was broken. It's an easy fix with some silicone but I am going to contact the company I bought it from to see if I can get a replacement. I don't see why I should spend extra money to fix something when I paid full price for a brand new product.

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo2.jpg

Return Pump:

I initially was going to get the ATB Flowstar 1500 but after my research, I came to the conclusion that the Flowstar 1500 is the same exact pump as the Laguna Max Flo 1500... It's just rebranded with ATB's name. So I purchased a Laguna pump and purchased a custom stand for it. I haven't tested it yet but hopefully it works just as good. This saved me well over $100+.

IMAG0583.jpg

IMAG0584.jpg

IMAG0592.jpg

IMAG0594.jpg

IMAG0597.jpg

IMAG0599.jpg

IMAG0600.jpg

Last edited:
I would get them or the company that delivered it to replace it.
Don't fix it yourself ain't worth it.
Just my 2 cent's
BTW nice skimmer choice :thumbsup:

Sump: Trigger Ruby 36s
36"x18"x15"

IMAG0766.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo7.jpg

That's all of the pictures I have for now. I still have a lot of things on order and a lot of things I still need to get. My next task is going to be to get the plywood and foam cut so that I can place my tank on the stand. Then the plumbing is going to be the fun part :)

We have the same skimmer, only the 3000 model. Super fine bubbles, very easy to control skimmate output ... you will be impressed

I knew you are going to love the stand. I was so happy with the quality on the first one that i ordered 2 additional stands. Good thing you followed my advice. That being said- copy cat..... Just kidding. I wonder if Paul used the same white powder coat he used on mine with yours.

You are definitely balling now. FYI, I use reef octopus cone skimmer. I thought you were going to get the cone xp series. It is white compared to the black one you ordered.

Glenn

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm so anxious to fill this thing up with water.

Glenn, yes sir... I'm glad I listened to you. The stand really did exceed my expectations. I think Paul decided to use the same white and black color code on all of his stands in case he needed to repair one. I think he said something like there are 35 or so shades of white when powder coating.

I ended up with the skimmer I had because the reviews were pretty good and the cone one you recommended wouldn't have fit into the first chamber of the sump.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

Back