Toofrigginswt's Custom 125 Gallon Tank Build

Haha. Mark, just for you.

IMAG0079_zps26db9c64.jpg

IMAG0078_zps1c80f1d4.jpg

IMAG0081_zpsa2c2ca78.jpg

Perfect spot. Perfect room. Just wish that chair would swivel in case Cabrerra hits that homerun. Tank looks great.

Hahaha. I think you need to get a love seat so the boss wont be p1$$3d if you spend too much time in front of the tank :)

So I just attempted to take some top down photos for the first time. I have to say it was scary because I was afraid that I was going to drop the camera in the water. Haha. The photos were taken with the stock lens. I really need to save up and invest in a decent macro lens. Those things are expensive!

I've significantly reduced the amount of GFO I was using and things seem to be doing much better. The corals are coloring up more. I think I was stripping the tank of too much phosphate before. I also added two UVL Super Actinics and I think it really helped with making my corals pop more.

Anyways, I wanted to share some photos with everyone. Hopefully with more practice, I'll get better at taking photos of my corals.

Very nice, how much GFO were you running?

BRS recommended 2.34 cups for my tank. I was running about 1.75 cups. Right now, I only run 0.75 cups. I just checked my phosphate and it's at 0.08 right now. Before the GFO reduction, it always read 0.00.

I've also been feeding way more too.

Last edited:
I use a lot less than recommended also. I actually hate replacing gfo because it appears the chaeto and coral growth slow down for a week.

I use a lot less than recommended also. I actually hate replacing gfo because it appears the chaeto and coral growth slow down for a week.

Funny you say that because typically a few days after changing out the GFO is when I think my tank looks the worst. Lol.

Last edited:
Back