Vectra support....I'm ticked

Glad to hear you got it sorted out! Did you by chance get the new Jebao DCQ pump as a back up? Seems like they come out with a new version every 6 months or so.

I was well out of warranty when one of my wetsides started making noise. I pulled it apart and noticed one the ceramic washers was cracked. I called ecotech, to see if i could order some. The guy mentioned that they do not sell those, but rather prefer just replacing the whole wetside. He mentioned that although I was out of warranty, they will replace it for free. He sent me out one withing a day or two.. worked out really well. Although I feel sometimes they charge way too much, their service is generally top notch.

Glad to hear you got it sorted out! Did you by chance get the new Jebao DCQ pump as a back up? Seems like they come out with a new version every 6 months or so.

Morning Greg. I didn't see DCQ on Amazon. I purchased DCP which is newer version of the DCT which I had before. It's only going to get a day or two of use so I wasn't looking to spend, just get by.

I was well out of warranty when one of my wetsides started making noise. I pulled it apart and noticed one the ceramic washers was cracked. I called ecotech, to see if i could order some. The guy mentioned that they do not sell those, but rather prefer just replacing the whole wetside. He mentioned that although I was out of warranty, they will replace it for free. He sent me out one withing a day or two.. worked out really well. Although I feel sometimes they charge way too much, their service is generally top notch.

I agree with your assessment

Rik,
you got really lucky on this that they are helping you with this. I am glad they stepped up.
Also very happy that you were able to save the tank from crashing. What I am surprised about thou is that you are really active on the forum and i assumed you knew about these pumps and the problems that many have had with these. You kept it on your tank regardless. I would have taken it off line prior to it breaking on you. As when many of these type of issues it is always a matter of when it happens and not how it happens. Glad to hear that you have ordered a back up as well.

Rik,
you got really lucky on this that they are helping you with this. I am glad they stepped up.
Also very happy that you were able to save the tank from crashing. What I am surprised about thou is that you are really active on the forum and i assumed you knew about these pumps and the problems that many have had with these. You kept it on your tank regardless. I would have taken it off line prior to it breaking on you. As when many of these type of issues it is always a matter of when it happens and not how it happens. Glad to hear that you have ordered a back up as well.
Richard, I am active on the forums, obviously, but truthfully I haven't heard anything about Vectra quality.

Such a misleading title haha glad you got it figured out Rik.
You know Cody, you're right. I don't know why it came out that way. Either I got caught in autocorrect and didn't notice or I meant something else and I wrote it wrong. I meant I wanted people like you to chime in and help me troubleshoot the issue or see if anyone had the same experience :uzi:

Rik,
Richard, is the problem my pump experienced a common one with Vectra?

Rik,

There has been a lot of problems with these pumps i don't know if yours copies the problem but from what i can recall. they are not recommended external as they run super hot and internal helps keeping them cool. Some of these models were even pulled off the shelves from a while and not offered. I am not trying to throw the company under the bus as they are a great company. i would do some searching on the forums and read some of the known issues that others have encountered.

You know Cody, you're right. I don't know why it came out that way. Either I got caught in autocorrect and didn't notice or I meant something else and I wrote it wrong. I meant I wanted people like you to chime in and help me troubleshoot the issue or see if anyone had the same experience :uzi:

All good man just giving you fish poo.

Back