What Color is Your Carpet? {pics please}

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12348231#post12348231 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by shane 1111
sgigantea1Nov05.jpg

i just got a baby carpet that looks just like that

I didn't realize until just now that this is my picture! Ooops, wow am I observant. I was like, this picture looks familiar somehow .... :lol:

As stated already that's a S. gigantea. Longer tentacles than haddoni, purple verrucae on the column..

Got any pictures you can share of yours? Would love to see it! ;)

delphinus
sorry no pictures :( i don't have a camera any more it got stolen.
but its a spitting imige of yours. but its like 3" to 4" its so small

Man, that sucks about your camera, sorry to hear that!

Good luck with your carpet though! I feed mine mysis, although it gets a fair amount of whatever I feed my fish as well as it's pretty adept at catching whatever stray bits of food float by..

I can't remember if i posted this picture before but it is my all time Favorite..............and yes the fish and S. Gigantea are gone :( maybe soem day i will get another pair of onxy clowns and start breeding them again. The gigantea is very difficult to keep alive when they first come in but if it settles in the sure get big fast and they love to move around until they find a place were they are happy. For this reason i do not put one in My Sps tank i n fear that i will cause damage to it self and me :)

Michael
42064migig.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12421812#post12421812 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by PRESTO2345
elegance coral does your yellow tang always stand guard? LOL Very nice looking carpet!!!

LOL. No, but they do get dangerously close all the time. I think they both have been stung in the past and now know not to touch him. Here's another shot with both of them.
sn851144editedrr5.jpg

I had this one for 18 months. Don't feed him too much to keep him small until I can set up a larger tank for him. I spend some big money on a blue one but come up empty. Just died on me after 3 weeks.

IMG_9042.JPG

Dang all of you with Stichodactyla tapetum! ;) I really want some and can not find any for sale.... grrr... what is your secret? how did you find them?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12462466#post12462466 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 12gallonbaby
Dang all of you with Stichodactyla tapetum! ;) I really want some and can not find any for sale.... grrr... what is your secret? how did you find them?

good luck finding some:)

75g030-2.jpg

snail003.jpg

after 2 years of looking I finally drove 3 hours one way to pick up a blue haddoni carpet from a fellow reefer. I've had him for a little over a month now and just wanted to show it off...

102_0412.jpg
[/IMG]

Hate to say it this way but I'd love to know if those guys are long-termers or not. I tried two this year that were like that ... notice the past-tense sense of the word "tried".

Back