47G SPS...Revamp

I always clean my glass after dark and i see no sign of headlights mounted anywhere on that thing....... probably hasn't even been into space for that matter..... it's a joke !

Dont bash it till you've tried one...or maybe you already own one and just didnt want to make our tank cleaning easier...:mad:

Haven't you guys ever seen the Easy Blade attachments? You just glue them onto the back of an algae magnet (works well with cheap MagFloats and the Algae Free magnets). The blade works so well that you really don't rely on the cleaning pad of the magnet. They are $12 or something and the blades are less than $10 for a 6 pack of double sided blades. They come in grey or black to match most magnets.

Mark Levenson took a bunch of pics (disregard the pricing in his pics - don't know where he paid that much!).
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14284409&postcount=388

mag_scraper_prep.jpg

All jokes aside, I did see something similar being sold in the UK...but its price was close to the Flipper price. And the Flipper is designed much better. Its very slim profile. The half which goes in the water has ONLY 3 contact points...which means any sand cannot scratch up the glass.

The half outside the tank is smaller than the half in the tank, so you can see if bits of sand etc are being picked up...

Being so slim profile, I can easily clean the rear of the tank.

So in a effort to feed my tank more often, I've invested in yet another gadget that Biggles didnt tell us about. :rolleyes:

Behold the Eheim Everyday Auto Feeder (this is the video I watched on YT which made me choose this feeder):

Since I am working late most evenings now...by the time I get home, the lights over the tank is nearing the end of the light cycle...which means I cannot feed the fish as much as I like.

I want to feed at least 3-4 times a day. The Eheim feeder does exactly that.

I've loaded it up with a variety of flakes and NLS Pellets. I'll still feed a home made frozen seafood mush every other day or so, but at least the fish will be feed multiple times throughout the day...

Which means next month I'll probably be getting some Anthias. :lol2:

Many many no thanks to Biggles for telling me about this (not). :strooper:

Update about tank:

So the increased feeding of late has helped improve the colours in some of the corals. Mostly the ones that were already coloured up have intensified.

A couple of mariculture turds remain very turdy. :mad2: Not sure how to get them to colour up. I have a crazy idea to bathe them in Zeospur2...:idea: That will teach them mariculture turds to behave...But I'll leave that aside for the time being. I'll give these turdies a few more months to get get act together and show me some damn colour other than brown.

I am still not getting a brown film on the tank even after a week...PO4 is also stuck at 0.02ppm. I'd like the PO4 a little bit higher.

The new frags added a couple of weeks ago have mostly retained their original colour. So I am happy about that.

Anyway...next couple of posts will contain some macro shots. :)

Loving the light blue tips and the green pigment further down.
DSC_7243_zps6bmnls3b.jpg

With the increased feeding and 450PAR this colony of Red Planet is just turning crazy nice. The polyps now have a metallic sort of shimmer! Very cool! :D
DSC_7211_zpsek3qfymm.jpg

Very promising looking acro. Nice fat healthy polyps on this one.
DSC_7245_zps1hsg4byo.jpg

This one was very pale for a while, has now limed up its polyps and shows some peachy corallite edges.
DSC_7239_zps2x5cedaq.jpg

The blue tips on this one is stunning. Never seen such deep/intense blue in any of my SPS. Love this one. Its got crazy PE too...its hit with VERY high flow constantly.
DSC_7235_zpsnalac0ip.jpg

Another nice frag from my buddy. This one tables. It lost some of the green hue...but looks like its coming back.
DSC_7217_zpsf5ffdlhc.jpg

Bubblegum looking happy.
DSC_7266_zpspudh9imu.jpg

This granulosa used to look stunning. I had a colony of this. All that remains is this small frag. It was brown for months, but has now lost all the brown. It will eventually have purple tips, fading to sky blue with a green base. You can see its signature colouration on the bottom right tip.
DSC_7224_zpsimbv6abh.jpg

My Hot Pink Milli is starting to deepen its pink colouration. Still a long way to go till the strong pink colouration returns.
DSC_7209_zps9g5bfcdj.jpg

Waited a whole year for my bloody LFS to frag me this solid blue tenius looking acro.
DSC_7258_zpsfubys9pw.jpg

My 2nd SSC variant looking happy. I posted a pic only a week ago, but it looks to have improved every so slightly. I can see red polyps now. Yum. :D
DSC_7255_zpsyuyejl50.jpg

So happy to have got this from my buddy. This one likes my tank and where it is in terms of flow and light.
DSC_7222_zpss6vsxeiq.jpg

Wow, look at that color! Great photos.

I just tested phosphates a second time using my hanna ULR and I've gone from .01 to .08 over 5 days. I may have to start replacing rock. :(

Sahin,
Your corals are looking great. that milli with the deep blue tips is really nice, but that granulosa of yours is awesome. That would look great in my little deepwater tank :) I gotta get a frag of that, even if it is across an ocean.

Great pictures Sahin, the colors comes across really well. Excellent job, I still struggle to get the white balance correct on my DSLR but am getting better the more I try, Great job.

I have to say your tank is looking great. The care and effort you put into the tank really shows with the color and health of the corals. Spot on that less is more to be successful, too much of anything is never a good thing.

The acros are looking really good! You do an awesome job capturing them on film too. I'm saving your picture tutorial for when I get a real camera. It's super frustrating to see amazing colors or glow in person then lose all that in a bad picture. Keep on with what you're doing and try to resist any major changes!

Awesome Sahin. Nice to see you back on track! What is your bulb combo and led (% & Photoperiod) at the moment?

Thanks!

Stunning shots.. Stunning!!
I remember that granulosa. It was scrumpdidlyumcious! Can wait to see it turn into total acro bush:)
I really love the acro frag in the last photo. Really nice. Can't wait to see that grow out as well.

Great pics buddy! Can you recommend any articles or websites for a reef photography primer?

Back