A Smart? Aquarium in Taiwan...

Sweet setup

I hope it won't turn to sweat to soon.....

Shih, the tank is looking really nice and grown in.
Beautiful!

Glad to know you like it.

Coming along nicely.
Those dosing bottles you have there, what else will you automate as well?
I am thinking to put a bottle of iodine - diluted down for my system.

Do you think that is possible? Anyone?

I think iodine dilute should be fine...
Except KZ additives, of course I also auto dose Alk, Ca, Mg, and K+. Not sure if I answer your questions. Let me know.

Hi Shih,

Correct me if i was mistakes in analyzing your dosing thru GHL doser, you mean that you dilute solution for continue dosing , I wonder some additives need to be refrigerate , will it spoiled the additives at the end?

I am interested with your dosing via GHL as I have a unused Jebao cheap doser and may be it will be useful for this job.

I have been dosing manually all zeovit additives not much as yours but daily and every other day for Start3 , BAK and Sponge power. But that is a daily task and I have to really on a note to make sure dose them correctly , this is the set back for KZ and my long time of thinking before get into this system and only you and Elton have persuaded me at the end.

By the way nice new lights fixture . I thought My Kessil A360WE is the latest , they have the Ap 700 now. Wow! Been away for the Lightning subject for a while now .

Cheers,

MD

There is really not any KZ additives require in fridge, tank water tempter should be fine. CV and Bak I may never plan to use auto dosing, since it require better care and shake. Hey, but never know, maybe Elton can surprise me once he figure out a safe and easy way to dose them.

I won't recommend Jebao since many fail cases reported, and once it fail, may end of one month's alk solution add in one day, it will definitely kill all coral. Not worth to jeopardize my coral to a cheap doser, IMO....

Merry Christmas and Happy new year

Happy holiday, my friends and all RC reefers.

After back to Taiwan 6 year, I just realize that Dec 25th is no longer a national holiday in Taiwan since 10+ years ago... That suck!!! ;-(

Well, just make your house full of Christmas decoration and Christmas tree then you will enjoy the same thing you experience In the state.

I do it that way in my house and play the Christmas songs in my house non stop while staring at my tank thinking how I can copied yours and Elton's tank to mine? Hahaha!

Happy new year to all

Happy holiday, my friends and all RC reefers.

After back to Taiwan 6 year, I just realize that Dec 25th is no longer a national holiday in Taiwan since 10+ years ago... That suck!!! ;-(

Oh man that sucks, well atleast your tank looks amazing bud.

Tank is looking great my friend :beer: Its so hard to give nice acros back after looking after them :lol:

Have a Happy New Year. Best of luck with your tank in 2016! :beer:

Well, just make your house full of Christmas decoration and Christmas tree then you will enjoy the same thing you experience In the state.

I do it that way in my house and play the Christmas songs in my house non stop while staring at my tank thinking how I can copied yours and Elton's tank to mine? Hahaha!

Happy new year to all

Haha, that is a great idea.

Oh man that sucks, well atleast your tank looks amazing bud.

Oh, man. I almost already forget about how suck it is, then you remind me here again :facepalm:

Well, we do have new year long weekend though.

Beautiful Tank.
incredible tank

Thanks.
Always hope it could be better.

Tank is looking great my friend :beer: Its so hard to give nice acros back after looking after them :lol:

Have a Happy New Year. Best of luck with your tank in 2016! :beer:

Happy New Year, Sahin. I like your plan of going 100% LED, I am just too chicken to do so...

Yes, Elton got some amazing corals, I definitely will keep some frags at least.

Tank is almost a year old (start @ 1/2/2015), I plan to trim some colonies (remove completely or trim it), I may start from these three which block view somehow. Return stay on sand bed Coral to Elton earlier.

Suggestion!?

23974668561_7f0f1cd7a5_c.jpg

A Smart? Aquarium in Taiwan...

Happy New Year, Sahin. I like your plan of going 100% LED, I am just too chicken to do so...

Tank is almost a year old (start @ 1/2/2015), I plan to trim some colonies (remove completely or trim it), I may start from these three which block view somehow. Return stay on sand bed Coral to Elton earlier.

Suggestion!?

Oh ! Trimming them or removed completely ? Well my tank have some space for those nice things ! I am not greedy may be some small frag to begin with :)

Thanks buddy, just let me know when is the trimming day and I can go to pick it up and at the same time visit and see your tank ! :) happy new year !

Suggestion!?

First action just took yesterday...

2016.1 (remove it to create more open view and ready for new coral:thumbsup:)
24170339411_0148d0c5cb_c.jpg

2015.4 (not much bigger than its base rock)
16913063067_b693ed628f.jpg

Good to know you like it and thanks.

I am ready and I think your tank is ready now.

Many thanks Buddy ! It's so nice to have a chance to visit you and see your tank and learn a lot more new things , this is the great thing for this hobby of meeting and having more friends. And thanks for those lovely frags , I hope I can raise them as beautiful as you do for them , but first thing first , hope they survive in my Tank! :)

Cheers,

Jackson

Many thanks Buddy ! It's so nice to have a chance to visit you and see your tank and learn a lot more new things , this is the great thing for this hobby of meeting and having more friends. And thanks for those lovely frags , I hope I can raise them as beautiful as you do for them , but first thing first , hope they survive in my Tank! :)

Cheers,

Jackson

No problem, hope those frags grow well in your tank.

Have you found KZ Reefer Best Reef Salt? I just check Hsinchu LFS since I remember there were still one or two boxes left on floor day I visited, but unfortunately I was too late, it is out of stock now.

It's harder and harder to find KZ slat these days, I need to figure it out.

Last edited:
Where did you get the light wench and how did you make it pull the cables since it doesn't have a pulley for the wires? It looks like a normal tubular motor.

Back