A Smart? Aquarium in Taiwan...

Great! We are looking forward to continue, new photos and stories about their experiences.

Sure. I am quite excited myself after the dry run...

Looks pretty sexy!
But I think you need two more on each side, for full coverage. :)

Haha...Some friend suggest me remove ATI and use 9 AP700 unit... NO!!! I love my ATI...

That would be an insane amount of light! :lol:

Yes, during dry run, I found I only need 30% intensity while ATI turn on.
From BRS (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTuj5MJCgpc) video, it show AP700 give the best even distribution of light, so I hope one each side is enough, but, only time can tell.

Better warn the people on the space station before you turn it on they might think it's a super nova

I only hope I won't get into algae issue by this change.... Need to closely monitor these days....

A few friends suggested giving up a few coral that won't likely have any chance to turn great color, since it's "DNA" is bad.... Oh, well, anyway, I need more space for new coral, so... trim out a few....

These coral colonies are quite hard to remove by hand, and screw driver may damage live rock if not use carefully. I found a thin steal ruler which long enough and able to band is the best tool to remove coral without damage other coral colonies nearby and live rock.....

22983981263_30d077a9d1_b.jpg

Shih, your lights look like the Millennium Falcon!
Love it!

Hahaha... I think so...

Kissel APP and firmware quality is very poor. Sometimes I can't get two units show on APP simultaneously (router option), and one device keep freeze (won't turn off via APP or manually), which I have to power cycle to recovery it.:mad2:

I vote for Battlestar Gallactica...Matt is just confused :lol: I recommend re-watching StarWars before the new movies comes out.

Either way is looks alright. :)

Hi Shih,
Sorry about changing the subject from AP700 to your Zeo dosing regiment, I am currently setting up a new 100 gal tank, thinking about dosing zeofood, zeobak which the manufacture recommend refrigeration upon opening and shake before dose, how is your doser setup to accomplish this task especially with only a drop or two which is about 5-10 uL/week. Dose your doser perform any purge to clear all the remaining fluid in the tubing before dose it again, since Zeobak has bacteria strains has might settle in the tubing making dosing nearly impossible. and if you don't mind sharing can you also let us know what kind of doser you're currently using. I am currently setting up a Kore 5th from Pacific Sun

I have come to admire your tank and your thread for a quite while, but just don't have time to go through thousand of posts to find your dosing program, so please bare with me.

Hi Shih,
Sorry about changing the subject from AP700 to your Zeo dosing regiment, I am currently setting up a new 100 gal tank, thinking about dosing zeofood, zeobak which the manufacture recommend refrigeration upon opening and shake before dose, how is your doser setup to accomplish this task especially with only a drop or two which is about 5-10 uL/week. Dose your doser perform any purge to clear all the remaining fluid in the tubing before dose it again, since Zeobak has bacteria strains has might settle in the tubing making dosing nearly impossible. and if you don't mind sharing can you also let us know what kind of doser you're currently using. I am currently setting up a Kore 5th from Pacific Sun

I have come to admire your tank and your thread for a quite while, but just don't have time to go through thousand of posts to find your dosing program, so please bare with me.

Most Zeo products no need put in frigs but I did anyway. I dilute most of daily use additives and using GHL generation 1 dosing pumps. Such as Star3 (1:3 additive : pure water), PIF (1:19), SPG(1:19), Sponge Power (1:19). Xtra and B-Balance I just use 100% solution. Since KZ Iron is hard to dilute, so I choose using BrightWell Iron product instead. AA I only dose three times a week since I found no matter how pure water I use, it is very easy to get mix solution expired somehow.... Other twice a week additives such as Food7 and bak, I dose manually. For CV, I also shake and does daily manually.

I usually just simply ignore dose manual stuff when out of town.... It seems ok for my coral to survive over 3 weeks without dosing Zeovit. Of course, I will continue feed my fish with auto feeder...

Hope this help.

What is CV, how do you dose manually when you are out of town for 3 months at a time.
Have you encountered any problem with gas/air gap forming inside of the tubing making the dosing unreliable.
for diluting the stock solution, did you transfer the mixture to another container? For the aa, have you tried boiling the DI water.

Last edited:
What is CV, how do you dose manually when you are out of town for 3 months at a time.
Have you encountered any problem with gas/air gap forming inside of the tubing making the dosing unreliable.
for diluting the stock solution, did you transfer the mixture to another container? For the aa, have you tried boiling the DI water.

CV is Zeo Coral Vitamin, so far the best coral food I know.
I do not have experience out of town for 3 months.

Gas and air won't bother doses like Pacific Sun or GHL quality, but usually I use 2mm thin tube to reduce air. Yes, I did try all kind of water and even use dark glass bottle for AA, but all having issue.

A friend of mine decided to re-do his tank, so Wednesday we spent a whole day to move his selected coral clones and frags to my tank.Oh, yeah, it was the same day I have my AP700 enable. It is about 1/5 of my existing coral amount, plus recent added Kessil AP700, I was a bit worry my tank condition fluctuated and coral may go down side. Today is the fourth day after coral migration, so far so good and I will keep my fingers crossed.

I think I hide his coral well ;-)

23422121130_d0db444aef_b.jpg

23635283741_63fc57b22f_b.jpg

23349865859_5d73bea02c_z.jpg

that looks awesome shih:eek1:
I'd never give them back:)
Glue them really well and in hard to reach places:p
In the worst scenario you'll just be forced to give back only frags of them!

Coming along nicely.
Those dosing bottles you have there, what else will you automate as well?
I am thinking to put a bottle of iodine - diluted down for my system.

Do you think that is possible? Anyone?

Most Zeo products no need put in frigs but I did anyway. I dilute most of daily use additives and using GHL generation 1 dosing pumps. Such as Star3 (1:3 additive : pure water), PIF (1:19), SPG(1:19), Sponge Power (1:19). Xtra and B-Balance I just use 100% solution. Since KZ Iron is hard to dilute, so I choose using BrightWell Iron product instead. AA I only dose three times a week since I found no matter how pure water I use, it is very easy to get mix solution expired somehow.... Other twice a week additives such as Food7 and bak, I dose manually. For CV, I also shake and does daily manually.

I usually just simply ignore dose manual stuff when out of town.... It seems ok for my coral to survive over 3 weeks without dosing Zeovit. Of course, I will continue feed my fish with auto feeder...

Hope this help.

Hi Shih,

Correct me if i was mistakes in analyzing your dosing thru GHL doser, you mean that you dilute solution for continue dosing , I wonder some additives need to be refrigerate , will it spoiled the additives at the end?

I am interested with your dosing via GHL as I have a unused Jebao cheap doser and may be it will be useful for this job.

I have been dosing manually all zeovit additives not much as yours but daily and every other day for Start3 , BAK and Sponge power. But that is a daily task and I have to really on a note to make sure dose them correctly , this is the set back for KZ and my long time of thinking before get into this system and only you and Elton have persuaded me at the end.

By the way nice new lights fixture . I thought My Kessil A360WE is the latest , they have the Ap 700 now. Wow! Been away for the Lightning subject for a while now .

Cheers,

MD

Back