ASM Skimmer Club!

you should be able to tap in one of those vinyl elbows that have a barbed end to hook up the hose... should only cost about 10$ with the fitting and hose and take only about 10 min to do... very easy..

Sicce pump for G3

Sicce pump for G3

I took the original pump and installed it as my recirc pump. I added a Sicce PSK -2500 as my primary supply. I have the gate valve mod. I have run both the mesh and purple impellar on the Sicce. Both work fine. Running both pumps gives me plenty of capacity in the skimmer for my 90gal mixed reef tank.
I have some of the Finding Nemo characters: two percs, Dory, and Gill as well as a maroon clown, dragonette, and three chromis.
Bob

I have my ASM 3 running with a mag 7 pump but it doesnt seem to make alot of foam. Does anyone use it with the mag 7 pump?

I need to replace the original punp on a G-2(sedra3500)
Should I get the same one or is there a better one to go with?

Came home today to find the pump had popped off the skimmer body. Why do I have difficulty keeping the diaphragm on the skimmer well attached? It always seems like a battle whenever I have to clean the pump and then reassemble.

anyone have a G5?

anyone have a G5?

I was going to attempt to read through this thread to answer my questions, but 20 minutes I gave up and decided to ask.

I have been looking at the ASM G5 for my future 300 gallon tank, with 500 gallon total volume. Anyone out there have the G5? Recommend it? Any useful advice? Ive been thinking the G5 or an ATI bubblemaster. Trying to stay around those prices.

Also, efficiency is very important to me. How efficient are these skimmers, and how energy efficient are they? My current skimmer has like a 230 watt pump, so I liked the looks of these skimmers that claim they use under 40 watts....I can't seem to find the watts a G5 uses.

My sedra 5000 pump seem to be dying. It runs to push some water through the gate valve but not enough to create the bubbles. I pulled it apart did some cleaning and put it back but still the same issue. Is this an impeller issue? If I replace the impeller will it fix the problem?

Yea like FabRight said it may be the ventury, discinnect the hose and clear the hole with a tooth pick it works for me.

i have a question for you guys im sure it has allready been asked a million times but im building a sump and i need to know baffle hights what would be good hight to set the baffles for a asm g3 skimer i just need to get this right because if i dont i will have to taer down the tank to change it so im trying to do it right the first time....i have read anywhere from 8 to 13 inches....thanks guys and gals for the help

Has anyone switched to a Sicce pump on their ASM skimmer?

I tried replacing my Sedra 9000 (ASM G4+) with a Sicce 2500. Very disappointed. far less bubbles than my Sedra (mesh mod). Anyone else compared the two ? Is it just that I got a bad Sicce 2500 ?

thxs

I tried replacing my Sedra 9000 (ASM G4+) with a Sicce 2500. Very disappointed. far less bubbles than my Sedra (mesh mod). Anyone else compared the two ? Is it just that I got a bad Sicce 2500 ?

thxs

Thats a big difference in pumps. You may want to add one or even two more pumps

I have a G1 and I replaced the stock pump that was mesh modded with a sicce 2500 and the difference is amazing to say the least. I also modded my skimmer into a recirc style at the same time.

The sicce is louder but the results are worth it for me!

It did this overnight its first night...it looks like motor oil and stunk. I made one tiny height adjustment and now the crap that comes out is intense.

a60efd46.jpg

That stock pump on a G1 would have been much smaller than a Sedra 9000. I am trying to get a comparison between the Sicce 2500 and the Sedra 9000. From my experience the Sedra with mesh mod is twice as effective as the Sicce. Anyone have similar experience ?

Thxs

What should the water height be? Sounds confusing where should the water level be at in my sump to get the best performance?

Back