ASM Skimmer Club!

How do you guys like this?
105_1426.jpg

105_1429.jpg

I am now a owner of a G3:dance::dance:

It is already fully modded. It came with a MJ1200 as a feed pump but I am thinking that is to small of a feed pump.

So I was wondering how many GPH should I be running the skimmer on?

THX

hello all, I just set up my tank only to find out that neither of my pumps on my G5 work. the original pumps were sedra 9000, i want to replace the pumps but remember reading earlier in the thread (i read the entire thread!!)that other pumps fit the skimmer and may actually perform better.

what are my options for replacement pumps which can be set up as recirculating pumps?? i cant go back and search this thread (information overload!!). thanks to all for your help

I am now a owner of a G3:dance::dance:

It is already fully modded. It came with a MJ1200 as a feed pump but I am thinking that is to small of a feed pump.

So I was wondering how many GPH should I be running the skimmer on?

THX

My G3 came with a Sedra KSP 5000, 500 GPH.

I have a G1 with G500 pump. I did the mesh mod but still doesnt seem very beneficial. Would it make a big difference or help us if I get a Sicce pump? If so what size should I get? I have a 80G tank with 15G sump which is medium populated.

I have a G1 with G500 pump. I did the mesh mod but still doesnt seem very beneficial. Would it make a big difference or help us if I get a Sicce pump? If so what size should I get? I have a 80G tank with 15G sump which is medium populated.
Anyone who can help me please? Can I doa recirc and have better performance? I am trying to stay away from buying anything new at this point.

Anyone who can help me please? Can I doa recirc and have better performance? I am trying to stay away from buying anything new at this point.

Doing the recirc mod would help it out alot. I run a G3 with the recirc mod on my 75. It does a ok job but I think I need a bigger feed pump. For it to do a awesome job.

How big of a feeder pump do I need in the case of G1 for recirc mod? Can I use a rio 800 or should I use a MJ1200? Can I use the G500 pump or should I get the Sicce either case? Please advice.

What a big messy thread! There is really no need to change pumps on these skimmers. I have worked on a couple of sedra 3500's, and 5000's. With a dremel and no mesh I can consistantly double the air they pull. Example: stock 3500= 7scfh. After removing some material around the output of the pump body=15-17. With a mesh mod I have had it up to 22-24. I will be doing a 2500 soon and expect similiar results. That's enough to easily max out the necks on these skimmers.

fishoutawater - maybe you could post some pics of the before and after of the pumps, so others would know exactly where to remove the material.

I have a sedra 5000. I would love to know what you did. I think if you want to see the mods, you are going wade throughthis monster thread. This skimmer is an old model. I think people have moved on

Marty

fishoutawater - maybe you could post some pics of the before and after of the pumps, so others would know exactly where to remove the material.

Back