Blast From The Past

Probably from the 80s.

I still have and use my diatoms.

My temp gauge is from the Plaza Hotel, circa 1907.

Probably from the 80s.

I still have and use my diatoms.

My temp gauge is from the Plaza Hotel, circa 1907.

I’m glad you’re posting on this thread. You have a long history in this hobby, longer than my 36 years. I first heard your name pre-RC because you wrote articles for one of the mags…I think it was MFM if I remember correctly.

Yes it's the Supreme heetmaster. Older and more reliable than Paul B himself.

heet_top.jpg

heet.jpg

Posted by @BrianD in the Lounge…

• I bought my live rock from Tampa Bay Saltwater
  • I frequently made trips to Harbor Aquatics, Premium Aquatics and Inland Aquatics to check out their live rock (and obtained many awesome pieces)
  • I ordered fish from Flying Fish Express
  • Corals came from Jeff's Exotic Fish or one of the local "Aquatics".
  • I picked up PC lighting from Inland and VHO/MH from Premium
  • Eyphyllia sp were fairly common and not too expensive

Those limewood airstone driven skimmers worked great but too much maintenance.
Very true. I actually modified mine with a venturi fitting from an Amiracle skimmer at one point.

eta - Tried to find a pic of one of those old Amiracle skimmers, but wasn't successful.

Very true. I actually modified mine with a venturi fitting from an Amiracle skimmer at one point.

eta - Tried to find a pic of one of those old Amiracle skimmers, but wasn't successful.
I think I had one of those. Were they coloured molded plastic? Clear but purple or blue or something.

Misled, I remember those HOB filters when they were made of glass and had metal angles holding them together. There was no plastic when I started the hobby.
Wrap your head around that for a minute....No plastic. Not even a bag. 😳

Here is my video camera.

It's a Super 8 used mostly by Supermodels. :D

Here's my old cell phone camera. (both those things were made in the US of course) :)

Back