Blast From The Past

It's a Super 8 used mostly by Supermodels. :D

Here's my old cell phone camera. (both those things were made in the US of course) :)

Nice Paul. If my paternal Grandfather were still alive he would have loved seeing your projector and camera. He was a travelling salesman for Kodak before starting his own graphic arts supply company.

Those are the Sanders proteins skimmers. I think they are actually still made.
You are correct, they are still made. A couple years ago, I wanted to get one of the venturi versions of those and looked high and low. Could not find a US supplier for them. There was a wholesaler in California (can't remember which one) that had them on their website. I emailed them to ask them where I could buy one retail and never got a response.

You I just tried to find a picture of a dls wet dry. I could not find one, not a one. This was even before bio balls. I had one on my second reef aquarium ever and I was so proud of the thing. I bought it from a place called strangely enough DLS aquatics.

I originally had these 4 ' tall air driven skimmers with luft air pumps. DLS Aquatic then came out with a counter current air driven skimmer and was supposed to be so much more efficient I could get rid of my 4' skimmers. About this time also we were using plastics rings instead of rolls of DLS

You are correct, they are still made. A couple years ago, I wanted to get one of the venturi versions of those and looked high and low. Could not find a US supplier for them. There was a wholesaler in California (can't remember which one) that had them on their website. I emailed them to ask them where I could buy one retail and never got a response.

Yea just in EU I think, you could import one if you really wanted. I am not sure you would but it is a option. Shipping prices now are so high.

I imported my Ultra Reef skimmer before you could get them here.

You I just tried to find a picture of a dls wet dry. I could not find one, not a one. This was even before bio balls. I had one on my second reef aquarium ever and I was so proud of the thing. I bought it from a place called strangely enough DLS aquatics.

I originally had these 4 ' tall air driven skimmers with luft air pumps. DLS Aquatic then came out with a counter current air driven skimmer and was supposed to be so much more efficient I could get rid of my 4' skimmers. About this time also we were using plastics rings instead of rolls of DLS
I remember DLS as well. Never had one, but they were the bomb.

Nice Paul. If my paternal Grandfather were still alive he would have loved seeing your projector and camera.
Thats the projector we used for all our movies including our wedding movies. I still have the thing and an planing to make some kind of Steampunk thing out of it. :)

The EuroReef is still in operation, working like new. LitreMeter still works fine, but replaced with Kamoer X1Pro. Donated the Iwaki and sump to a local reefer.

Attachments

• 20200320_183019.jpg
    20200320_183019.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
  • mini-20200331_203813.jpg
    mini-20200331_203813.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • sump4.jpg
    sump4.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 10
Also, found this manual for a late 90’s controller I had. It could control 4 light channels, 4 powerheads and a moonlight (complete with dimming for an incandescent moon bulb).
D792B7E9-D96D-4A56-B481-9A357198F176.jpeg

If you had VHO’s and an IceCap ballast, you could use the IceCast to ramp up and down the VHO’s.
5F774AE7-3AC5-4E6D-B50D-5A244C148760.jpeg

Last edited:
Is it wrong that I still have my 440w icecap VHO, 400w Iwasaki 6.5k set up? Damn it worked so well for coral growth. Does anyone still sell vho lamps anymore?

Is it wrong that I still have my 440w icecap VHO, 400w Iwasaki 6.5k set up? Damn it worked so well for coral growth. Does anyone still sell vho lamps anymore?
đź‘Ť

Not sure about VHOs, I haven’t looked for them in a long time. But good luck finding anything other than Ushio 10k MHs. Seems with the shift to LED, many manufacturers stopped making MH bulbs for the hobby.

Still funny though. I clicked your link and the MH's came up on the screen with the fluorescents. :ROFLMAO:

Back