Bubble King Skimmer Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sang, WHATEVER!!!!! April Fool's is over, dude!!! :lol: it's so funny that you lurk here, and I lurk over in ATB. haha. victor must be so nervous everytime he sees you post here. And he must get so hopeful when I post in ATB :D

so hey, how much to rent your space?:p

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12237345#post12237345 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jnb
forget it - not in the mood for funny people

sorry man i couldn't get back to you fast enough as i got busy at work. i am very sorry :D. TOO FLY is the head leader, tbone is the cheerleader and the rest are indians :lol:.

I'm tinkering with my skimmer

I'm tinkering with my skimmer

OK, since I know this skimmer can skim dry, I've been playing around with the settings lately.

Here's my normal and preferred "dry" setting with the pump's intake adjusted as per the manual:

DSCN3267.jpg

Here's a wetter setting. The water level is set higher with the pump's intake nozzle adjusted as per the manual:

DSCN3274.jpg

Here's a wet setting with the pump's intake nozzle turned open more. I opened the nozzle almost 2 complete revolutions in this pic. This is 1.5 days worth of nog. You can also see how much room I have under my stand:

DSCN3282.jpg

This is a pic of the "wetter" setting from the pic just above. When the black marks are lined up, that's my preferred dry setting. It looks like I didn't open it up much, but adjusting the wedgepipe just a little moves the water level quite a bit, IMO:

DSCN3288.jpg

Last edited:
Damn Terry, yoir pics is make'n ma mouth watah. Everytime I rule the Supermarin out, there you go with your pics again. :mad:

LOL, Paul. it's not too late! My wet pics aren't bad, eh? I think they're relatively dark for wet skimmate. Next week, I may try opening up the intake nozzle 3 full revolutions. After that, I'll probably go back to skimming dry.

Another reason I want to skim wetter this week is cuz I started dosing AA 2 weeks ago, and my nitrates crept up to 5. I'm always at zero.

Sang, outside sump dimensions are 48x20x20. Skimmer compartment (inside dimensions) are: 19.75" x 17 & 7/8", but the usable area in the skimmer section is 19.75" x 15.5" because I have a bulkhead and 90-degree elbow for water changes.

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12242045#post12242045 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TOO FLY
Damn Terry, yoir pics is make'n ma mouth watah. Everytime I rule the Supermarin out, there you go with your pics again. :mad:

Only on a reef board would pics of fish poo make someones mouth water :p

I'm glad i'm going with the supermarin :D

LOl, Marie! :lol: We love our fish toilets!!!

edit: is that your achilles in your avatar?? I love achilles. that's on my wishlist :)

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12242178#post12242178 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tbone28

edit: is that your achilles in your avatar?? I love achilles. that's on my wishlist :)

Yep, I'll have had him 2 years in June

achilles-1.jpg

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12242382#post12242382 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tbone28
those are awesome pics!! I never see them in the LFS around here. did you order him online?

LOL classic! T-bone is t-boning his own thread! :D

I knew you were gonna say sumthin...hey, i'm getting tired of this group buy talk. half of this thread is group buy! :p...time to talk bout sumthin else :lol:

BAck on topic pic - wet foam:

DSCN3290.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12242382#post12242382 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tbone28
those are awesome pics!! I never see them in the LFS around here. did you order him online?

I ordered him online knowing the risks and then nearly lost him to marine velvet but after 8 weeks of treatment he was good to go

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12242408#post12242408 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Maximus
LOL classic! T-bone is t-boning his own thread! :D

And to thoroughly t-bone the thread here is a video I took of him last year practicing his underwater ballet

Too be fair, because he is the reason I'm joining the bubbleking skimmer club, it's not entirely off topic :D

this is my thread. I can talk about whatever i want! :p :D but really, how are tangs off topic?? they're big poopers!! :lol:

that's an awesome vid, Marie! He's so active. He's so quick, you lost him at the end of your vid. How much flow do you have? My tank's ready for an achilles.

6201x2
6101x2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back