Bubble King Skimmer Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys need to change this to the "BK group buy thread". :p

J/K, I wish the timing were a little better, I'm pretty well sold on the SM200. I'm going to ask my girlfriend to marry me next week (or maybe the week after), it's going to be expensive. I'm hoping to pull the trigger on a new skimmer shortly afterwards (while she can't see cause she's blinded by the diamond :cool: :D ).

I look forward to the hundreds of pictures that you guys better be posting once you all get your skimmers!

thanks for the info today - I made the order - did she put her shoes back on?
thanks again

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12245607#post12245607 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TOO FLY
Ok guys, I just cleared my Inbox again. :rolleyes: Sorry. :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12250790#post12250790 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cbui2
the diamond just gets bigger when you say i do :D

In my experience, the diamond gets bigger once the wife loses her engagement ring at work and you feel like less of a man, even though it wasn't your fault, for not stepping up and getting her a replacement ring so that her friends and family will respect you again.

Whew. Time for a breath and a drink. ;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12249803#post12249803 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jnb
thanks for the info today - I made the order - did she put her shoes back on?
thanks again

LOL, nope. I had to put them on for her. She isn't quite 2 yet. :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12249520#post12249520 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Waxxiemann
You guys need to change this to the "BK group buy thread". :p

J/K, I wish the timing were a little better, I'm pretty well sold on the SM200. I'm going to ask my girlfriend to marry me next week (or maybe the week after), it's going to be expensive. I'm hoping to pull the trigger on a new skimmer shortly afterwards (while she can't see cause she's blinded by the diamond :cool: :D ).

I look forward to the hundreds of pictures that you guys better be posting once you all get your skimmers!

Congratulations dude! I hope she says yes. I think? :confused:

;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12251305#post12251305 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TOO FLY
In my experience, the diamond gets bigger once the wife loses her engagement ring at work and you feel like less of a man, even though it wasn't your fault, for not stepping up and getting her a replacement ring so that her friends and family will respect you again.

Whew. Time for a breath and a drink. ;)

dude, are you still dwelling on this? you told me about this a while back! the family will still love you the same. no worries, bro!

Daily *On Topic* Post

Daily *On Topic* Post

3 Days worth of Wet Nog...check out the foam, even when skimming wet :)

DSCN3291.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12251355#post12251355 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tbone28
dude, are you still dwelling on this? you told me about this a while back! the family will still love you the same. no worries, bro!

Oh I know braw. And I'm cool now. I just had a momentary relapse when I read Bart's reply is all. :p

Why, I was just looking at the ring at dinner tonight and never broke a sweat. :lol: :lol: :lol: But seriously, she's a good woman and is more than deserving of it. :)

"more deserving of it" - if that's why you want to buy her a new ring, then I'm aight with that. but don't be buying her stuff to please her friends and family. don't play that game bro!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12251404#post12251404 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tbone28
"more deserving of it"

Right. I'm tired. :eek:

Don't worry T. We've been together almost 12 years. I bought it because I l-l-love her. :) She knows it. Her family knows too. They know I'm not one to do things to impress them.

@tbone28

I did need indeed the same two full revolutions to aline the black dots of the pumps nozzle. Furthermore I closed the wedgepipe to the half of its bore. The constant water level is 20 centimeters or 7.87 inch.

Your setup is so clean! How often do you clean or just for taking the pictures? ;)

1st picture just after setup (isn't that clean?)
Clipboard2.jpg

is this supposed to be wet skimmate?
wet.jpg

that's the water level for the proto:
water_level.jpg

Waxxie - you want advice? are you sure you want it from us kooks? :lol: If you really want to know, get the BK, run some dry nog into it, drop the diamond in there, and she can fish out her suprise :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12252143#post12252143 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by german_reef
@tbone28

I did need indeed the same two full revolutions to aline the black dots of the pumps nozzle. Furthermore I closed the wedgepipe to the half of its bore. The constant water level is 20 centimeters or 7.87 inch.

Your setup is so clean! How often do you clean or just for taking the pictures? ;)

1st picture just after setup (isn't that clean?)
Clipboard2.jpg

is this supposed to be wet skimmate?
wet.jpg

that's the water level for the proto:
water_level.jpg

How long have you had your SM? I assume you've had it a while now if it's a prototype. Are you referring to my skimmer being clean? If so, no I don't clean it for pictures :D. It's still pretty new so maybe that's why it's clean.

I wouldn't say that you're skimmg wet. It looks like a wet/dry skimmate, closer to the dry side.

My water level is 8.75". I'm not sure how much I closed the wedgepipe, but to skim dry, I close the wedgepipe enough so that the water level inside the skimmer body is just below the collection cup.

Based on how dirty your skimmer body is, it looks like your water level is much lower. Is that correct?

In my "wet skimmate" pics, I have the water level approximately 1/4" to 1/3" into the collection cup's neck.

... Tbone, you're a nog head man. LOL :D

... I'll stick it in her big mac. Hows that for romantic? My trailer park busted tooth wifey.

Tbone, after I got the SM250 dimensions from you yesterday, it turns out that there is basically no way to fit one with my current setup, even with a new sump. The SM200 or the Deluxe 200-250 would work though, I'll most likely go SM200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back