Bubble King Skimmer Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is an extension of "180g A.G.E starphire on its way!" :lol: :p :D

I only had 300 posts before I met you :p

tbone your 180 thread was dying and only a few questions from me bought you back up to reality :lol:. Marie that tang is crazy, reminds me of puff - puff - pass :D

its ok - I am easily confused during tax season and not too funny either

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12241963#post12241963 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cbui2
sorry man i couldn't get back to you fast enough as i got busy at work. i am very sorry :D. TOO FLY is the head leader, tbone is the cheerleader and the rest are indians :lol:.

Well it looks like I have joined the group buy party as well. Again, a big thanks to TOO FLY for arranging it and Los for the idea!

I need some advice on exactly which skimmer to get, and I'd like to pose it to you experienced BK owners. I'm putting up a 180g display / 100 g sump / 75 g fuge system soon. In all reality, accounting for how much I plan on filling the sump/fuge and the volume displaced by the DSB, I'm really looking at about 270 gallons of water though.

I'll be running ozone, and the skimmer must be external. Let's also pretend I will have large amounts of anthias and tangs, and that I will be feeding with reckless abandon. :D Which skimmer would you be looking at here: a BK 250 Ext or a BK 300 Ext?

I think the 250 would be more than enough. I'm going with a 300 Deluxe External (~240 display SPS and medium fish load, but total volume around 500 gal). Unless you want to go bigger some day, the 250 ought to do it IMHO.

I had a mini 160 on my 60g sps tank. It was almost too much skimmer. At least it will allow you to feed heavily, and the build quality was awesome.

who's coordinating the group buy? also how soon do we need to decide?

are these the right discounts? awesome.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12228394#post12228394 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Graf-X
Wow! 17 total now!!! I wonder if they would discount further with 20+ threshold??

10+ BK orders - 15% off + Free shipping + 5% off additional products
15+ BK orders - 20% off + Free shipping + 5% off additional products
20+ BK orders â€"œ 23% off + Free shipping + 10% off additional products
30+ BK orders - 25% off + Free shipping + 10% off additional products

Do you think this would be possible??

I know I personally am going to order $5000+ of additional items for this tank I am building this month so the additional discount will work out well for me (if they have the lighting/other products available I need).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back