Bubble King Skimmer Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbone, I'm really torn. They are all good skimmers. No, they are all GREAT skimmers. I really like the low electricity needs of the Bubble Kings, but you can't go wrong with a Deltec, ATB, or BK. As for size, I think a 300 Internal Deluxe would give me room to spare on a 360 sps reef. I have heard from the good folks at Premium Aquatics that BKs like to be worked hard and I might be better off with a 250 Deluxe. Really either would be fine. For me it's down to getting a deal. I've been looking for a used Deltec or BK for some time now to no avail. I group buy special would push me over the edge and I'd happily place an order tomorrow given a discount. What sort of discounts are normally given for a group buy?

Cheers,

los

I hear ya. They are all great skimmers, and so price would obviously factor into the consideration if they can all skim equally as well. PA does like to recommend that BK's like to be worked hard. If not, there have been owners who say their BK stops skimming for several days. But this is true with any efficient skimmer if you oversize it.

For all these stories, there are stories of people who oversize their skimmer and it still skims like a champ. For example, Jar*head had a BK400 Ext on his 240g tank. I'm slightly oversized with my sM250 (180g tank).

I wouldn't say that there are any formal group buy discounts. I was just suggestting that you ask a retailer for a discount if you can bring people in. YGPM

just paid my membership fee!

IMG_3358.jpg

SWEEEET! I think you left the pump at your friend's place! :p

It's so appropriate that your have your monster skimmer next to an air freshener! :D

thanks for the pic, now go put it in the sump :D

gratz Yinger, cant wait to see you get it in action!

tbone: I lowered my water level a hare, right now it bubbles just barly below the seam btwn the cup and the body. Ill see if I can get it darkened up.

The light stuff I had was plenty nasty, i gaged a little when I was emptying it eariler and I usually dont get phased by stuff like that. :lol:

I just ordered my 300 Internal. Does anyone know the sump water level for this unit? Trying to plan ahead a little and have things ready;)

sjames - I know the feeling. nose plugs should be standard equipment on these skimmers!

kenargo - water level is 20-25cm

tbone - the pump was too big and too heavy to lug around haha. But i'm giving it a vinegar bath right now, it'll be in the sump within a couple hours.

thanks sjames, I can't wait either man.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12160319#post12160319 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Yinger
tbone - it'll be in the sump within a couple hours.

tick tock, tick tock. :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12160301#post12160301 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kenargo
I just ordered my 300 Internal. Does anyone know the sump water level for this unit? Trying to plan ahead a little and have things ready;)

Ken,

Thats a heck of a skimmer, i bet youll love it, and it looks like the water level is supposed to be 20-25cm, just like the bksm250.

wow... completely silent compared to the euro reef. Do you get microbubbles coming out of the drain?

here's a couple pics. Can't wait till it breaks in, already developed a nice foam head.

IMG_3366.jpg

IMG_3364.jpg

IMG_3363.jpg

Last edited:
I used to run a Deltec Ap702 skimmer in my 135 gallon SPS tank

imagen061zn9.jpg

The skimmer was already big for that size of tank and because of that, the production was very low after a period of time.

Decided to replace it with a BK deluxe 250 internal and this is the result of the first two days after installed.

img4237da8.jpg

Great skimmer.......... and very silent which is very important for me. It has been running for almost a year now and I've never had a problem with it

Last edited:
I considered a Deltec, but didn't want to deal with them after some things I have heard and I have seen the Deltecs in action. They are very nice and top notch skimmers......but they are no BK.

I have heard nothing but the best about BK.

Yinger man thats workin fast bro! Just wait a few days till it breaks in. The 2000 looks to be 1/3rd the size of the skimmer!!
Congrats Patrick i am sure you'll be happy! post up pics when it gets in and running.
Fatboy, Nice to see another happy BK owner!

Yinger - yeah, you weren't kidding when you said you'd have it up and running. Looks like you're breaking in quickly like me. I don't have any visible microbubbles exiting the drain. I do see a *few* bubbles going into the drain, but don't see them actually exit the standpipe

Creetin - yeah, the pump is HUGE and heavy!!

Fatboy - how bout some current nog shots for us! :)

Patrick - isn't it exciting? ;)

Here's Day #5

DSCN3229.jpg

DSCN3230.jpg

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12159349#post12159349 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Los
I'm right on the edge between an ATB Large, a Deltec AP702 or 703 and a BK 250 or 300 Internal Deluxe. It's for a 360 gallon sps tank with another 50 gallons of H2O in the sump. Has anyone thought about a group buy? If we got a deal on the BubbleKings, that would make the decision an easy one. Has BK ever done a group buy before?

If so, let's do it!

Los

Los, I'm down for the group buy! Just let me know. I'm on the fence too. Do I go with the SM 250, 250 Deluxe Internal or External (or ATB Medium :D)?

I vote that T be Royal Exclusiv's U.S. Ambassador, whether they want him or not. :p

BTW, what does joining this club get me besides cleaner water and happier fish? Is there at least a bumper sticker for members to slap on their cars... or foreheads? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back