Bubble King Skimmer Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is a fresh nog shot from a lightly loaded 120

bk-nog.jpg

wetter than the rest, but Ive not really attempted to skim dry with it yet.

kenargo: love the AC simulator, thanks for making it!

spreston - gotcha! I thought you already had one running ;)

sjames - try running it drier, and post up some pics. Where's your water line right now? I have mine just under the bottom of the collection cup, and the foam head still rises up and over!

reefsahoy - looks like it's breaking in nicely with that foam oozing over!

I must admit that I'm surprised that this thread is 4 pages long already. I didn't think there were that many BK owners out there :)

Day #4 Pics

DSCN3228.jpg

DSCN3227.jpg

DSCN3226.jpg

Last edited:
alright, i was set on the deluxe, but now after seeing the new pics tbone, i'm back to square one...

:lol: hey stop raining on my parade. just for that i will BK500 internal, still have a lot of room in sump :D.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12157007#post12157007 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Yinger
alright, i was set on the deluxe, but now after seeing the new pics tbone, i'm back to square one...

LOL both are nice, Plus the SM will save ya some dough and you'll have a bigger pump. If the cone design drew ya to the ATB then i think the SM would be a better fit for you.

Bart - skimmer's looking awesome, but go form your own Deltec skimmer club :D...either that, or put a BK650 in your sump! :)

Victor - welcome to our thread ;)

Yinger - LOL!!! it seems like you're deciding between an SM and Deluxe? Is ATB still in the picture?

your right about that creetin. I did like the cone decide.

Tbone - yeah, i think its down to the those two as of right now.

Which way are you leaning, Yinger? If you get the SM, you can save the money and upgrade the pump after Interzoo, when they release the new RD2 pump :)

I DON'T KNOW!?! AHHH... driving me nuts haha. supermarine, i can get today. Deluxe i have to wait 2 weeks.

RD2? Are they going to let us upgrade it?

Don't base your decision on when it's available. besides, it's Easter, so you prob can't get it today ;)

I hope so. I know the SM300 will have the RD2 as an "upgrade option". I hope they offer it to the other SM owners as well. If anytyhing, it's always worth a try since the RD2 pump is adjustable. It can be dialed down if needed. The SM300 will be the same height as the other SM line, just wider body.

Last edited:
haha, naw, i'm not basing it on availability, i've always like the fact that it uses the bigger pump like creetin said. I'm getting it through a friend that's starting up an LFS so he actually has about 20 bk's in his garage waiting for his store to finish construction.

Hmm... we probably wont' get that option to upgrde. The pump itself makes up almost the whole cost of the skimmer haha.

Okay, i think i've made up my mind... going with the supermarine. I'll post pics later tonight if i'm able to pick it up.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12159131#post12159131 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Yinger
haha, naw, i'm not basing it on availability, i've always like the fact that it uses the bigger pump like creetin said. I'm getting it through a friend that's starting up an LFS so he actually has about 20 bk's in his garage waiting for his store to finish construction.

Hmm... we probably wont' get that option to upgrde. The pump itself makes up almost the whole cost of the skimmer haha.

Okay, i think i've made up my mind... going with the supermarine. I'll post pics later tonight if i'm able to pick it up.

Woot Woot! :) It's OK if we can't upgrade the pump. It's already an RD2000 ;)

I'm right on the edge between an ATB Large, a Deltec AP702 or 703 and a BK 250 or 300 Internal Deluxe. It's for a 360 gallon sps tank with another 50 gallons of H2O in the sump. Has anyone thought about a group buy? If we got a deal on the BubbleKings, that would make the decision an easy one. Has BK ever done a group buy before?

If so, let's do it!

Los

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12159247#post12159247 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tbone28
Woot Woot! :) It's OK if we can't upgrade the pump. It's already an RD2000 ;)

Pickin it up in an hour!

I wish the group buy idea would've come a little earlier...I would have been in! It might not be too hard to get a group buy together. My guess is BK's don't sell very often, so if you can just get a minimum of 2 or 3 orders, a store may give you a break on the price.

Los - not considering any price break you'd get on a group buy, which way are you leaning and why?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12159360#post12159360 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Yinger
Pickin it up in an hour!

LOL :lol: then I better see pics of it in your sump in 2 hours! ;)

Edit: No new replies from Yinger = he's taking a shower so he can pick up new skimmer :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back