Bubble- Magus skimmer has arrived

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13191042#post13191042 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kodyboy
how well do you guys think these bubble magus skimmers work?
for the money and now that they come with the right voltage pump, they can't be beat.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13191042#post13191042 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kodyboy
how well do you guys think these bubble magus skimmers work?

I have the BM100 for 1 week and so far it's been the most economical purchases I ever made. It's cheaper than a Remora and twice the performance of my old Tunze 9010...

IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_12341.jpg

so the bm 100 is better than a fully opened up tunze 9010?
how much clearance do you need to take off the collection cup?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13195938#post13195938 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kodyboy

about 1" .

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13195938#post13195938 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kodyboy

I just measured my BM100 and 1" is correct. If you take off the cap prior to taking off the cup, it'll be about .75"

Don't forget it come with a waste drain so you don't have to touch the collection cup :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13194592#post13194592 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DallasCowboys
I have the BM100 for 1 week and so far it's been the most economical purchases I ever made. It's cheaper than a Remora and twice the performance of my old Tunze 9010...

IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_12341.jpg

Nice pic! I'm always seeing blurry pictures on RC, which do nothing to help. Thanks for the post.

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13204044#post13204044 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Bryan
Water level in the sump is only 6". Am I out of luck in using a BM100

I was very interested in this skimmer and contacted Chris @ nuocean asking him pretty much the same question (I have about 8" of water in sump). He was nice enough to forward me the user guide for this skimmer and it says the skimmer should sit in 10 - 13 inches of water. So I guess were both out of luck for now. :(

Attachments

• user guide1.pdf
    47.4 KB · Views: 0
I'm not sure they are referring to the water level in your sump. I think they are referring to the water height within the actual skimmer. You can adjust the water level within the skimmer using the gate valve, or in this skimmers case the outlet pipe rotates to allow you to change the water column height within the skimmer. If the water level is too high the skimmer overflows into the collection cup.

I re-read the manual and i think you may be right Geno (at least i'm hoping you are). I think I may go ahead and buy one. Worse case scenario i'll just post it on the for sale thread if it doesn't work out.

My interpretation of the manual; is the the 10-13" is referring to the height in the water chamber not the level in the sump.

Hmm, then again I don't see any way of adjusting the level in the skimmer body. Is the there no adjustment for the water level or is this accomplished by the height of water in the sump??

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13211003#post13211003 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Bryan
Hmm, then again I don't see any way of adjusting the level in the skimmer body. Is the there no adjustment for the water level or is this accomplished by the height of water in the sump??
i dont have one of these skimmers, after reading all the plus choice of words about it i wish i did have one, but i would think if you turn the begblue tube it slows the flow out of the skimmer and raises the water level in the skimmer.

I just got an email from Chris at nuocean in regards to the water height for the skimmer:

"Jesus,
Sorry for the confusion. Actually it means the skimmer should be sitting on
10-13 of water for best performance. I will update the manual to make it clearer.

Regards,
Chris"

So i guess i'm back to being out of luck.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13211406#post13211406 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by customcolor
i dont have one of these skimmers, after reading all the plus choice of words about it i wish i did have one, but i would think if you turn the begblue tube it slows the flow out of the skimmer and raises the water level in the skimmer.
i ment big not beg

opps:lol:

Which of the BM skimmers would be sufficient for a ~75 gallon + ~20 gallon sump?

I'm tempted to go for the BM100 due to the price, but is the extra height and the Aquabee really worth double the price?

Back