CL horror?

ekoroknay

Has anyone had any horror stories of tanks they bought on CL? I am in the Market for a 75 or 90 gallon and I am afraid to buy used anywhere but here on the forum.

I have used cl for all my tanks.. nothing but good just use your brain and they should have no problems filling with water and showing you the seals are good...better is to find a great deal on a full set up that you have to help tear down.. then you know all the equipment is in working order

Agreed, I bought my last 2 off cl and both great purchases. Just use you head. One was up and running one was not when I went to see them.

I have used cl for all my tanks.. nothing but good just use your brain and they should have no problems filling with water and showing you the seals are good...better is to find a great deal on a full set up that you have to help tear down.. then you know all the equipment is in working order

+1 on what they said!!

I've bought all my tanks off CL. Great place if you know how to look.

If you let us know how much you want to spend,we can point you in the right direction,or negotiate a price on one.

I bought the 155 bow tank on CL. I had no issues and i always see alot of tanks forsale and sometimes NEW just the people dont have the money to fish the setup.

+1 on what RSPONY said!

One other thing: It's always worth offering less! I bought the tank I have now (a 125) with all the equipment and 6 med. sized tangs for $600. He had it listed for $1200. All I had to do was wait a month and he was willing to lower the price.

Hope this helps and best of luck finding the right tank! :thumbsup:

No problems with stuff on CL, did have one very weird experience trying to buy one but that is another story lol.

thanks guys. I am going to look at one from CL tomaro. Someone on the forum sent me some pics also, so I hope I find what I am looking for

Always check used tanks for leaks no matter what. I boght two on CL and they were great. when you get it home set it outside on dry newspaper and fill it up careful not to drip water anywhere when you take the hose in and out of the tank. Let it sit for several hours full and check to see if there is any wet spots on the paper. if alls dry your good for setting it up. happy shopping!

I got a 90 or so custom tank from craigslist and the guy was nice enough to fill it for me to prove it had no leaks. Super cool.

Back