*d2mini's new 200g Reeftastic Build*

Sounds like a peninsula might be a good option

Thought about it, but the problem is the logistics in getting water to it for ATO and AWC. AWC is very important to me. I never want to go back to hauling buckets of water through the house for water changes. ;) Not only because it's a pain in the butt, but it's also messy.

Well I use a large hose and run it from the garage across the house to fill my ATO and tanks after water changes. You could do that. I want to set up an AWC too and will either buy the genesis system and mount in my attic above the tank or use a stenner pump and also mount that in the attic and use my AC drain or something for the drain water

Yeah, the hose thing is something I'd like to avoid.
I know myself very well, and I just won't do the water changes. lol
I like my multi-daily AWC's. :)

Thought about it, but the problem is the logistics in getting water to it for ATO and AWC. AWC is very important to me. I never want to go back to hauling buckets of water through the house for water changes. ;) Not only because it's a pain in the butt, but it's also messy.
I'm using Spectrapure (Litermeter) pumps for both ATO and AWC. All water is moved through quarter inch tubing and Guest fittings - easy to run/hide. Well worth looking into.

I'm using Spectrapure (Litermeter) pumps for both ATO and AWC. All water is moved through quarter inch tubing and Guest fittings - easy to run/hide. Well worth looking into.

Ditto that. Probably hard to find in Texas, but our house has a crawl space where I run my AWC tubing.

Auto water changes = reef keeping bliss!!

Yes, this is how I do it. Always with the 1/4" line, the pump method has varied over the years. Have used Litermeter in the past and was most recently using Cole-Parmer pumps. The only thing I didn't like about LM was the plastic rollers.

Yes, this is how I do it. Always with the 1/4" line, the pump method has varied over the years. Have used Litermeter in the past and was most recently using Cole-Parmer pumps. The only thing I didn't like about LM was the plastic rollers.

I use a LMIII for AWC too, forgot where on RC I first saw this setup.. Some guy named D2 something or the other :beer:

Have a CP pump for calcium reactor. A step up from the Litermeter :) !

Have a CP pump for calcium reactor. A step up from the Litermeter :) !

yeah, I ended up with three!
One for the CaRx, one for the AWC with dual heads, and one of the little fixed speed ones for ATO.
Like I said earlier, the one downside with the LM is the plastic rollers that wear out, but I do miss that it has its own programming and can run like 150x per day. ;)
My profilux could only run the CP a max of 12x or something like that.

hmmmm.... I think I know of whom you speak. :D
Next month is 6 years. ;)
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16729644#post16729644

that's the one lol. it was quite the feat finding a LiterMeter in Canada - then and especially now lol. I never looked back after implementing it. I also have to tell you that your stand played a big part in my ability to get the wife to agree to getting a reef tank. We had one made exactly like it and I can tell you that in Toronto, there are many d2mini *knockoff* stands kicking around. :eek:

I think this HPS grow light is working. :lol:

Cheato when i first put it in.
The size of a softball, and pretty dense.

i-B6scbnp.jpg

And here it is ELEVEN days later.
It has opened up quite a bit from the gentle suspended rotation, but it has definitely grown.

i-Kh9xZZw.jpg

I also got my filter canisters this week, so i got that manifold plumbed in and have carbon running in one of them.
I also added some RGB LED strip lighting above the sump. :D

i-8v8JHrg.jpg

How long is your fuge light on for?

that's the one lol. it was quite the feat finding a LiterMeter in Canada - then and especially now lol. I never looked back after implementing it. I also have to tell you that your stand played a big part in my ability to get the wife to agree to getting a reef tank. We had one made exactly like it and I can tell you that in Toronto, there are many d2mini *knockoff* stands kicking around. :eek:
Thanks for prompting Denis to dig that link up Roger, I remember seeing that ages ago and I just acquired a Litermeter and was thinking I should try to find that very thread but couldn't remember where I'd seen it. That has to be the best Litermeter AWC set-up explanation out there....

I'm probably the odd man out... or just plain odd :hmm6: ... but I actually have no interest in drop off tanks.
You like odd? How about a shark tank with a waterslide through it?
TheTank_0.jpg

I am sure whatever you decide on it will be epic! You're in an enviable position of a clean slate right now...

Thanks for prompting Denis to dig that link up Roger, I remember seeing that ages ago and I just acquired a Litermeter and was thinking I should try to find that very thread but couldn't remember where I'd seen it. That has to be the best Litermeter AWC set-up explanation out there

Np Fesso, let me know if you need a hand with the LM.

Great thread! I am Putting together my own fish room and have a 40 gallon breeder I am going to be using for display and eventually frag tank.

How do you like the halide over your frag tank? Would you change anything about that lighting setup? I am looking at lights now and stumped as to what to get for my 40 breeder.

Great thread! I am Putting together my own fish room and have a 40 gallon breeder I am going to be using for display and eventually frag tank.

How do you like the halide over your frag tank? Would you change anything about that lighting setup? I am looking at lights now and stumped as to what to get for my 40 breeder.

Its hard to beat a MH for growth which is kinda the point of a frag tank. I'd do that or T5 only.

Back