DanW's 187 SPS Dominated Reef Journal

You know...blind squirrel...acorn. No actually he has done well since the second half of last season (so Poletti informs me). I read an article where he was trying to be a "top of the rotation" guy and will not settle for less. As long as either Lincecum or Cain is there he'll never be a #1 again. (And going to another team will won't happen until his contract expires or the Giants eat his crazy salary.)

Yep, Giants possibly have the best 1-2-3 in in the national league. Then you throw in Sanchez and oh yeah, Madison Bumgarner; I'll take that starting 5 against anyone else's on the national league. Zito's 3.54 run support per game average last year was one of the lowest in the league and even though his final recorrd was 10-13, the team went 18-15 in games he started? I'm not saying that he is worth that contract ( I don't know anyone who did when he signed it), but his sub 3.00 era post all star game last year definitely showed that he could be a solid starter in the rotation :thumbsup:

Our problem is our leadoff hitter. Oh yeah...Rowand had another 0 for 5 :(

So I'm up to page 31 as of now. Hope you beat your acro issues ... I guess I'll find that out soon.

Yes, I see a familiar cast of characters on your thread as well ... I'm getting the angel push too ;) I figured it should count having a Bellus that ate corals, but apparently it's not the same to them!:fish2:

I do love my fishroom, thanks! Speaking of garage envy ... the one in the pics is not the only one on the property :hammer:
Yeah that would be my kinda luck too. Reluctant to put angels in, select a "reef safe" species only to have him much away :mad2: PLEASE don't post any pictures of the other garage...I'm already feeling inadequate enough. (OK maybe one or two, but only one or two.) They say the garage is a man's last bastion in the home, you're hubby has a castle within a castle :thumbsup:

Yep, Giants possibly have the best 1-2-3 in in the national league. Then you throw in Sanchez and oh yeah, Madison Bumgarner; I'll take that starting 5 against anyone else's on the national league. Zito's 3.54 run support per game average last year was one of the lowest in the league and even though his final recorrd was 10-13, the team went 18-15 in games he started? I'm not saying that he is worth that contract ( I don't know anyone who did when he signed it), but his sub 3.00 era post all star game last year definitely showed that he could be a solid starter in the rotation :thumbsup:

Our problem is our leadoff hitter. Oh yeah...Rowand had another 0 for 5 :(
No doubt if not the best 1-2-3 then in the first tier w/Stl and Phi. The Giants problem is hitting, the Rowand signing was bad. It will be interesting to see if they can keep both Lincecum & Cain given the amount of money committed to Zito and the lack of offense. Besides Sandoval and maybe DeRosa no one else scares anyone. BTW isn't Wellemeyer your #5?

No doubt if not the best 1-2-3 then in the first tier w/Stl and Phi. The Giants problem is hitting, the Rowand signing was bad. It will be interesting to see if they can keep both Lincecum & Cain given the amount of money committed to Zito and the lack of offense. Besides Sandoval and maybe DeRosa no one else scares anyone. BTW isn't Wellemeyer your #5?

Yep, Wellenmeyer is the #5 right now. It was decision made by Sabean early in spring training to keep Madison down and then bring him along during a nice long home stand.
Right when I was said this today about Rowand and the offense, he goes 4 for 6 and the Giants put up a 10 spot today :p
I agree about the offense, but if Bengie hits another 20hr/80rbi and if Renteria's surgery was actually to heal an elbow problem and not just an excuse, watch out NL :thumbsup:

Spent a few hours at MAX this weekend. IMHO not a great show this year, seemed like the attendance was down and some of the usual vendors were missing. The one trend that is definitely out there is LED lighting. There were several vendors showing their stuff and some looked pretty polished while others looked a little "œindustrial". I think that within a few years LED will be the go to lighting but at this point they're really expensive, advances seem to be coming out every month and who knows who will be around a year from now. I would love to see some PAR numbers on these fixtures with comparisons to MH & T5s, gotta do some research.

I only purchased a micromussa frag and my son bought a zoa frag for his nano. Didn't expect much livestock as this is more of an aquarium vendor show, not at all like CFM or Reefapalooza. I gotta tell you all that Richard (Wishntoboutside) is one of the coolest dudes out there. Always has a great attitude, genuinely interested in how you and your tank are doing and ya gotta love those pugs. He had Shark Bait and Milli with him. Richard gave my son a zoa frag that made his day. Lastly, my son won a bucket of the new Seachem Salinity salt and got his picture taken w/two mermaids :p

Dan, did you only see LED fixtures or were there any of those LED spotlights displayed? I think those are coming out of Japan and look a lot more promising since you can really mix them up. I am thinking about making a DIY LED for my QT since they can easily be dialed down for fish or up for corals. Very versatile.

Dan, did you only see LED fixtures or were there any of those LED spotlights displayed? I think those are coming out of Japan and look a lot more promising since you can really mix them up. I am thinking about making a DIY LED for my QT since they can easily be dialed down for fish or up for corals. Very versatile.
Yup there was at least one vendor w/LED spotlights. IIRC they had a bunch of different colors too. I didn't talk to the vendor though 'cause I was more focused on the fixtures.

Man, I would love to check out some of those LED spotlights in person and see what they are all about. Maybe at RAP this year someone will have them on display.

Thought that since the thread is over the 50 reply mark I'd do an update:

10/08
IMG_1033.jpg

11/08
IMG_1105.jpg

5/09 (Corals transferred from the old 110)
FTS2.jpg

11/09 (Post mysterious coral die off)
IMG_4255-1.jpg

Today
FTS.jpg

FTS2.jpg

Looking good Dan! It seems like things are improving since the mysterious coral die off.

Yeah that would be my kinda luck too. Reluctant to put angels in, select a "reef safe" species only to have him much away :mad2: PLEASE don't post any pictures of the other garage...I'm already feeling inadequate enough. (OK maybe one or two, but only one or two.) They say the garage is a man's last bastion in the home, you're hubby has a castle within a castle :thumbsup:

Alright, I'm finally caught up on your thread through todays posts! Per your request here are 2 pics of the garage. This is the first year the boat was stored in the garage over the winter, so normally this is only for snowmobiles.

Garage.jpg

Garage2.jpg

Hey Dan,

Your tank is looking nice, so is everything getting back to normal? How are the frags doing too and are your aiptasia gone yet?

Very nice update Dan :thumbsup:

What have you done different (camera-wise) between the first pictures and the latest? I like the first one with the hint of blue myself.

Alright, I'm finally caught up on your thread through todays posts! Per your request here are 2 pics of the garage. This is the first year the boat was stored in the garage over the winter, so normally this is only for snowmobiles.

Garage.jpg

Garage2.jpg

Nice house. Now where are the pics of the garage? :lol:

Back