DanW's 187 SPS Dominated Reef Journal

Looking good Dan! It seems like things are improving since the mysterious coral die off.
Thanks Brian, I think so but still doing weekly water changes. I would like to go back to bi-weekly but am still a little gun shy.

Alright, I'm finally caught up on your thread through todays posts! Per your request here are 2 pics of the garage. This is the first year the boat was stored in the garage over the winter, so normally this is only for snowmobiles.

Garage.jpg

Garage2.jpg
:eek1::eek1::eek1:

OMG Sara (as I pick my self off the floor). That is NOT a garage, that is a play room which BTW is bigger than most people's houses out here in SoCali. Unbelievable!

Hey Dan,

Your tank is looking nice, so is everything getting back to normal? How are the frags doing too and are your aiptasia gone yet?
Sup Michael? Thanks for the complement...normal is relative, I guess I would I say stable at the moment. The frags you gave me are doing fine, transferred to my son's nano. The aptasia was gone but now I'm seeing a few sprout up again. Gonna blast them this weekend.

Very nice update Dan :thumbsup:

What have you done different (camera-wise) between the first pictures and the latest? I like the first one with the hint of blue myself.
Thanks Mark. Camera wise I think back then I didn't have the white balance set. From and equipment perspective both ballast and bulbs have changed. I agree that it appears a little white but that could be me doing the photo processing. User error as usual :rolleyes: That being said I agree with you about liking more blue. I can't seem to add enough atinic with the T5s that I have in there. I think I need to experiment with the bulbs more.

Nice pics Dan,

Good to see things are going well for you!~

What camera/lens are you using? I'm just curious as I like you seem to have a heck of time getting pics that I actually like.

Thanks

PS: Geeze Sara, you've got a heck of a lot of toys!~ I love motorcycles and boats but I've never tried a snowmobile before. You've got my curiosity peeked now. Now chance of getting to use one here though, lol!~

:eek1::eek1::eek1:

OMG Sara (as I pick my self off the floor). That is NOT a garage, that is a play room which BTW is bigger than most people's houses out here in SoCali. Unbelievable!

I have to admit that this garage is 50 sq. ft. larger than our first house. There's a half attic for storage too.

PS: Geeze Sara, you've got a heck of a lot of toys!~ I love motorcycles and boats but I've never tried a snowmobile before. You've got my curiosity peeked now. Now chance of getting to use one here though, lol!~

You should really try renting one just for fun. We've rented in Lake Tahoe and Yellowstone which are both really nice places to see on a sled!

Back