DSPS tank from Thailand (1000 gallon+)

very nice pool, I dream to be around, you will enjoy every bath you will make in,
specialy when live stock will be in place, should be nice to feed the fish directly.

Ching, I just checked the webcam and your progress is looking great. We can't wait to see it when you start placing your corals. Since I showed your tank to my wife it has become a morning ritual to check it and she is asking to see it most of the time. Keep up the great work.

Chingchai....i think you should add a new hobby....remote control submarines....What about a small sub, with operation arms when you need just to pick up a small frag at the bottom? ;)
Maybe a swimmingpollcleaning robot too....hehehehe

"Shall the REEF GODS bless your tank , Chingchai!" I saw that they´re already looking for it..... ;)
Reefgods.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15711954#post15711954 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by laomedon
Wav, the last picture Ching, with you in the full shot says it all. Amazing setup and perfection all the way through, you just stole 4 hours of mine working time, but you know what ? it was defenetely worth it :)

keep up the great work, congratulations once more !

laomedon. Thanks for your kind words.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15711957#post15711957 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by The Escaped Ape
Wow! Stunning aquascaping. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite that graceful. Love the pics with the wet suit as well. Will you have to don the wet suit every time you need to place a coral? I guess there's no other way... :)

Tom. Thank you.
Yes, there is no other way. But I am happy to dive in the tank and playing with my fish.
That must be fun.;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15712038#post15712038 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Giga
So is this gonna be a bare bottom tank(sorry if this was already said)

It will be shallow sand bed. Just for natural look.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15712154#post15712154 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 535freak
your rock work keeps getting better and better

All credits have to give to my friends.
They are so amazing.

Marcelo, you certainly have an artistic eye. Im planning on going to Brazil in January, any suggestions on restaurants? Im staying in Sao Paulo in the Maksoud Plaza.

Maybe I can stop by and pick up Ching on the way and we can all meet up and enjoy some of that Brazilian wine...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15712241#post15712241 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SERVO
Can you please have someone take a video of you or somebody climbing in and out of that monster.

I can't believe that the rock work is even better than it was the other day.

You do have 1000 watt MH's in your canopy right? I can't recall.

Do you have an idea about how you want to place the corals. Are you going to place M. Capricornis colonies lower in the tank, your tabling corals lower to midlevel,Stag horn acropora midlevel, with combryose type colonies higher up?

The final placement of the corals is going to be really fun to follow along. Thanks for taking all of these pictures to document your progress.

Too bad when you transfer over you giant colonies they are going to look like tiny 1 inch frags in this monster!

The biggest bummer is going to

Okay, I will take a video shot soon.

No, I use only 400 watt.

You are exactly right about the way I will place the corals.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15712244#post15712244 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Chalu
Hi Ching.... after reading comments from so many reefers that they spend hours going through your build... I try to read it in bits... everday :) Awesome build & an experts rendering of thriving reef... Thumbsup!

What are you using to clean the acrylic.

Also interested in the answer to this question - Ching, what is the tank mfgr using to get the scratches out and polish the acrylic?

TIA :)

TIA. Thanks.

I use "Pentair Aquatics 4" x 6" Algae Scrub Pad for Acrylic Tanks" to clean the acrylic.

For the polisher, I use "3M Finesse It / finishing material cream #05928"
http://store.autoprecise.com/3m-finesse-it--finishing-material-cream.html

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15712535#post15712535 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by murfman
IIRC he is using 400 Watters.

If they do use wax, can you describe the procedure? Thanx!!

Procedure is just like when we wax our car.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15712671#post15712671 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by boret
Gets better and better every week. Great job with the rock!!!
Have you tested it against water movement? I am already worry about the tank flow against the rock columns. Good luck with that!!! Keep the pictures coming!

Thanks.
I will test the wavemaker by tomorrow.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15712887#post15712887 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by flying_dutchman
Looks great, when are you putting the sand in? If your going to scuba don't you need to be completely covered?, to prevent oils etc getting into the aquarium? The aqua scape looks amazing.

I will put live sand next week.
You really know me. I don't want too much oil in my tank.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15713233#post15713233 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Rickyrooz1
Is this how you'll have to clean the tank once the corals are in there?
IMG_2377.jpg

I will use magnet cleaner.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15713476#post15713476 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by salty55
I must say this is the most amazingly planned and executed builds I have seen to date! I'm excited to see it wet and scaped. I can't can't even imagine how beautiful it will be when it's mature. kudos to you!

salty55. Thank you so much.

Back