DSPS tank from Thailand (1000 gallon+)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15731542#post15731542 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by chingchai
This weekend, I got some nice corals from the same LFS.
Will add them to the tank in couple days.

IMG_2444.jpg

IMG_2447.jpg

IMG_2449.jpg

IMG_2452.jpg

I'm afraid to ask how much all of that cost...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15730969#post15730969 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by chingchai
Pascal. Thanks so much for your recommendation.

Ching, you are welcome! Cloakerpoked are surely right and you have already a big experience.
This weekend, I open a french wine and when I drink it, I have no other way than tinking to your nice tank. Cheers!;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15731542#post15731542 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by chingchai
This weekend, I got some nice corals from the same LFS.
Will add them to the tank in couple days.

IMG_2444.jpg

Do you know the name of this piece ???

Best Regards

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15731215#post15731215 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bohlke
We need a countdown clock :D

+1!

This is better than the countdown to the New Year at Times Square!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15733218#post15733218 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by killagoby

actually he posted some price several pages back. I think he said around $150 for a similar sized coral. It seems to be VERY reasonable compared to what we pay here in the states, but I don't know how that compares to average income there.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15731807#post15731807 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Gen21
Excellent selection of SPS pieces!!! looks like they are around 6" (almost like show pieces)!!!! and with a very nice color!!!

Can you get some of the best frags that are been sold in USA?¿ or is difficult for your location?¿ obviusly 100 frags in your tank will looks like "something little" appeared on the Live Rock... but in less than 1.5 years those corals will looks like medium colonies...

Today I noticed on the camera that you covered the top of the tank (lights) so I think you are making everything really fast!!!

Greetings from Mexico City, Im still enjoying your post!!!

Gen21. Thanks for your kind words.
I did buy some nice frags from this shipment. Will post pics later.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15731848#post15731848 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DML08
What the first pic? it look like my A. Hoeksemai

I am not good on identification.
But it could be A. Hoeksemai or Yongei.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15731972#post15731972 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bullitr
are you going to transfer all of the corals and fish from your old tank?

I will select some corals but could be all fishes.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15733218#post15733218 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by killagoby

It costs around US$100-150 per piece.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15733604#post15733604 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Blue corner
Ching, you are welcome! Cloakerpoked are surely right and you have already a big experience.
This weekend, I open a french wine and when I drink it, I have no other way than tinking to your nice tank. Cheers!;)

Was it a good French Wine you drink?
If so, please give me the name.:p

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15733705#post15733705 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Denadai
Do you know the name of this piece ???

Best Regards

Could be A. Hoeksemai or Yongei.

Thank God I found this thread now after being thread of the month. Otherwise I'd be so impatient waiting day to day for updates. This has to be the best build I have ever seen and probably will see in my life. Being an architecture student and seeing all this planning, diagram and renders of my favorite hobby makes me wanna cry lol. This should really be the thread of the year and some day very close not TOTM but the TOTY. Thanks for sharing this amazing axperience

Ching, can you get your LFS to open up a branch here in the states, those corals are awesome and they would run all of our SW stores out of bussiness, or at least they wouldn't be selling these 2 inch frags for $100.00

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15736030#post15736030 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by chingchai
My skimmer is back to normal after it can't produce foam for four days. What a relief!

IMG_2503.jpg

IMG_2504.jpg

IMG_2506.jpg

Ching,
Do you think your skimmer quit for four days because of you being in the tank? I know when I put my hand in my sump, the oil will actually change how the skimmer performs for a short time.

LOVE THIS THREAD!!!

What i like more in this skimmer, is that it reminds me of "The Robot" at "Lost in Space" series.....screaming...."DANGER,DANGER" while bouncing arms... Shall Dr. Smith doesn´t ever come to know Chingchai´s tank existence, otherwise he´ll set a malignous plan to take advantage of it... ;)

-and some replies behind...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15729692#post15729692 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Carlos Arouche
Chingchai,
Really congratulations for the most beautifull private reef I ever seeing in my life.

And it´s not even working... hehehe

Congrats from Brazil and Marcelo is right... you should try Brazilian wines...

My oppinion is that after your setup is ready... nobory will pay attention for the wave makers or Turbelles... they will disapear in the middle of this beautifull reef.

Hi Carlos , nice to meet another Brazilian that is sharing the same wonderful topic...Hope some day i could make Chingchai a visit so i can see this beauty alive, and carry him some home wines to taste..

Giant skimmer remove ur skin humectant natural oils.. :)

The goop is rich in Vitamins...

Keep walking man (Not related to Johnny Wlaker promo)

Back